REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012)

willwitten

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Expy (ToBe '11 Expl)
BillyM67 said:
I also have a '13 Explorer Limited. I have had a few minor things with Sync/MFT, but for the most part it has worked fine. The keyless locking is hit or miss, but was also this way on a Toyota I had...I think the signal is easily blocked if the key fob is in the same pocket as a cellphone. Other than that I have really liked my new Explorer....and I love the cooled seats. :)

I have found that the key fob is DEFINATELY interfered with when my iPhone is in the same pocket.
Sometimes the car never recognizes the fob being in the car.
I just have to keep them in separate pockets.
I would expect it to be a bigger problem for women carrying both in their purses.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I also have a '13 Explorer Limited. I have had a few minor things with Sync/MFT, but for the most part it has worked fine. The keyless locking is hit or miss, but was also this way on a Toyota I had...I think the signal is easily blocked if the key fob is in the same pocket as a cellphone. Other than that I have really liked my new Explorer....and I love the cooled seats. :)
Welcome to the Forum BillyM67. :wavey:
I have had my Limited for 16 months and have never used the fob to unlock the driver's door. I always lock/unlock using the button on the handle. I have used the fob to open the liftgate several times without any problems. I carry my cell in a holder clipped to my belt.
Good luck and happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

VinceL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Have you ever heard the stereotype that pilots typically think they know everything about everything?

Huh?? :scratch:

RonJrSVCMGR

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Gilford, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Ford Explorer Limited
I do find if the phone and the fob are in the same pocket, the pull on the door handle may require a second pull. I now keep the fob in the other pocket and have not experienced this issue since.