Review of (Doug904)BamaChips tuner | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Review of (Doug904)BamaChips tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.
smiley1 said:
Easy folks! I was hoping that these threads would not generate animosity toward competitors but rather spike the intrest of other members here to get a tune which would benefit both of you!
:(
Enough Said.

Albino,
Yup need 4wd dyno
I have to finish my switch console control panel thingy then I'll do the brown wire mod. Amazing how many switches are going to be in there :confused:
Drive lights
Fog lights
Off road lights
Reverse/trailer lights
2 neon lights underneath (rock visibility)
possible interior LED for camping (likely go battery power)
Brown Wire mod
front e-locker
rear e-locker
Of course a couple of those mods are many months in the future, But might as well prepare for the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One for customer service!

How many people call you up at home on a Sunday afternoon to discuss your programming while actually working on it?

Doug called and had a few pointed questions to be able to dial in my needs as I poorly expressed through PM. It was great to have an opportunity to discuss my observations with the Apten Program, to maximize the benefits and eliminate the detriments and little details like 2-3 gear shift always breaking my tires loose when trying to climb something in low,or leaning the motor out to much, etc.....

If anyone needs a retune on SCT products you should talk to Doug. He'll take care of you, and likely save you a couple bucks.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dreamr said:
But I don’t know if Doug wants me discussing our private arrangements, but lets just say he hooked me the **** up, and is a great guy to deal with.
Free advertizing, gotta love the American way :D

Yup, especially when you're the one getting the deal :D.

If you really want to know, he is basicly being a nice guy and putting the programming on my tuner that I ordered and paid Apten for but never recieved. My cost is shipping.

I also asked for a 92 octane program on my current tire configuration to compare to the Apten programming I have run for 6 months. I wanted that program to share with all of you, as a result I get that program for free 'cause I am reviewing it for you .

I got's me a feeling though that after all this hype settles down you'll find that Doug will still take good care of you. Especially on little adjustments for your changing vehicle, and by the standards I have been qouted elsewhere his normal charge for re-programming is half or less of the competitors. The micro-tuner or actual chip costs the same from anybody, so don't get your hopes exaggerated. I speak of the tuning itself.

And look at it this way. If you are an old timer, or someone familiar with the search feature. Has anybody ever not been taken care of with Doug and 4.0 performance.com?

LOL I feel like an ad now, but in reality I am just glad to have someone care and try to correct my problems with the last programing. Am I biased? Well a little, I have been working with Doug and am clueless as to what my experience with Wayne may have been.

dreamr
Your the one that wanted both tuners to be judged fairley. I feel it is only fair that you not give a dailey update on Dougs work because you got a deal.
Perhaps it would be best to wait till judgement day IMO.
Old Chinese proverb says, Dinner is not over until both partys have thier cookies:)

Yeah, this is cool.

" And in this conere .... "

Yeah I would like to see a head to head between the two chips.
Would that be " Chip Wars " ?
or " Battle Of The Chips " ?

Hell we can put Zorro ( my Ex ) in the mix if we want to.
I am sure there are a long list of volunteers, just add me to them.

spindlecone said:
dreamr
Your the one that wanted both tuners to be judged fairly. I feel it is only fair that you not give a dailey update on Dougs work because you got a deal.
Perhaps it would be best to wait till judgement day IMO.
Old Chinese proverb says, Dinner is not over until both partys have thier cookies:)

I speak honestly only. I felt It was a good sign of his customer service that he called to work out details.

As to the deal you are the one that prodded me into speaking of it.

Y'all are free to post daily updates about HYP Ill, I could care less if you do or don't.

And you are right as to reviewing the chip, but I haven't said a word about how it works, for I do not know yet. Customer Service is an ongoing thing!
As for performance you will hear about it in a couple days ;)

And secondly I am not judging Hyp's tuner, so it isn't a fair comparison of performance anyway. Didn't we just spend several posts discussing that?

As for Doug as a new dealer. I will continue to post updates when I have something to say positive or negative. What I think of the service and product has little to do with our deal.

If y'all aren't recieving service worth congratulating from Hyp, why are you heckling me about it? ;)

I dunno. I sent Doug an email the other day asking some questions. No reply. Wayne always replies to me.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Very interested to see how this all plays out. ;)

If y'all aren't recieving service worth congratulating from Hyp, why are you heckling me about it?

So far customer service has been outstanding with HypIll. I dont think anyone has ever said otherwise.

I dont mind the updates. I am not brand loyal as that would be a disservice to the Explorer community. I will post the bad with the good as well (heaven forbid anything bad).

For those reading, I dont have the issues with Apten to necessitate added attention or concerns so there is no communication needed in my situation. If there was I am confident that Wayne would be just as vigilant.

dreamr said:
I speak honestly only. I felt It was a good sign of his customer service that he called to work out details.

As to the deal you are the one that prodded me into speaking of it.

Y'all are free to post daily updates about HYP Ill, I could care less if you do or don't.

And you are right as to reviewing the chip, but I haven't said a word about how it works, for I do not know yet. Customer Service is an ongoing thing!
As for performance you will hear about it in a couple days ;)
I prodded you into nothing dreamr, your the one that stuck foot in mouth about your deal with doug, you got a free program, in exchange your 100% pro Bamachips.
You got a deal thus you are not unbiased?, you wanted a fair comparison, correct?
Get your flasher, chip or whatever, get on down to the Dyno store and get hooked up, post your numbers,and your Dyno graph, than tell your story.
Customer service is great, but your accolades about a product you have not recieved at this point, is meaningless, get it, test it, post the results,FINI

celly said:
I dunno. I sent Doug an email the other day asking some questions. No reply. Wayne always replies to me.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Very interested to see how this all plays out. ;)

I've answered every email I got? I remember yours to a tee, I I answered it almost the same time I got it? Maybe you didn't get my reply, I'll definatly resend....I'll even PM it to you on here.

I was kinda wondering why I hadn't gotten a responce :)

***Found it, your name is Brad right? I sent you a responce 12/16 at 6:51pm, I've resent it and I will also PM it to you.***

Thanks, Doug.

Doug904 said:
I've answered every email I got? I remember yours to a tee, I I answered it almost the same time I got it? Maybe you didn't get my reply, I'll definatly resend....I'll even PM it to you on here.

I was kinda wondering why I hadn't gotten a responce :)

***Found it, your name is Brad right? I sent you a responce 12/16 at 6:51pm, I've resent it and I will also PM it to you.***

Thanks, Doug.

Doug:

My spamfilter is very aggressive. Chances are, it got kicked out. I get a 2nd chance to review the emails killed and "save" them. Yours must have slipped through the cracks.

My apologies. I was a bit surprised I hadn't heard from you. I appreciate the PM.

I'll be in touch in the new year. Wayne too. I love the idea of comparing Apten head to head with the site's top two programmers now. I look forward to checking out your handiwork. Wayne's too.

Cheers!

I'm going to ask a question slighty off topic of what's going on in the thread right now. My X (OHV) has a manual trans. Since in that case you can't tune shift points would a tuner program benefit it much with just tunning the engine timing and what not?

briwayjones said:
I'm going to ask a question slighty off topic of what's going on in the thread right now. My X (OHV) has a manual trans. Since in that case you can't tune shift points would a tuner program benefit it much with just tunning the engine timing and what not?

Yes, very much so. The auto shifting preferences aren't the meat of the tuning. The timing and fuel curves are. There are also other minor adjustments that will allow your PCM to learn more about what your engine is doing and adapt.

Feel free to shoot me an email and I can give you some more info on it.

BamaChips@charter.net

Thanks Doug904.

spindlecone said:
I prodded you into nothing dreamr, your the one that stuck foot in mouth about your deal with doug, you got a free program, in exchange your 100% pro Bamachips.
You got a deal thus you are not unbiased?, you wanted a fair comparison, correct?
Get your flasher, chip or whatever, get on down to the Dyno store and get hooked up, post your numbers,and your Dyno graph, than tell your story.
Customer service is great, but your accolades about a product you have not recieved at this point, is meaningless, get it, test it, post the results,FINI

Hmm where did this thread go wrong????

To disect the above I think if you scroll back aways you will find this qoute from myself.

dreamr said:
"Am I biased? Well a little, I have been working with Doug and am clueless as to what my experience with Wayne may have been."

As to my accolades for a product I have yet to recieve.I think that if you scroll back aways you will also find this qoute from me

dreamr said:
"And you are right as to reviewing the chip, but I haven't said a word about how it works, for I do not know yet. Customer Service is an ongoing thing!
As for performance you will hear about it in a couple days "

As to the need for a dyno, haven't you all pointed out that it would not be an accurate test being two different vehicles with two different engines. Why don't you give them a test spindlecone, since you already have the baseline numbers for you trac and let us know what you find.

I never promised dyno testing when I started this thread. I simply said I was going to review my experiences with doug and his program in comparison to what I had already(Apten). With both Hyp and Doug appearing on the scene the same week I thought it would also be a good chance for everyone to see if these guys were going to provide a good service before spending their money on the unknown.That's It.

If I do a dyno, it will be more because Albino brought up the subject than anything this thread has inspired me to do.

And a p.s.
I actually dont really care what my baseline numbers are. I drive my truck for reasons where that is generally irrelevant in the face of funtionality.
If I was looking to take that path, I would get started building another mustang.

Now if the thread could get back on track as a review of my experiences with Bama Chips that would be nice.

lol, Controversy seems to follow you like a swarm of mosquitos. :p

Albino94LTD said:
lol, Controversy seems to follow you like a swarm of mosquitos.

Ain't that the sick truth. But what did I do to attract it this time????

With GL I get what I do and it is deliberate baiting, but hell I am just writing a review here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dreamr said:
Ain't that the sick truth. But what did I do to attract it this time????

With GL I get what I do and it is deliberate baiting, but hell I am just writing a review here.
Money is involved. It brings out the :fire:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back