Rick & Michael on Terminator & Raw Deal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rick & Michael on Terminator & Raw Deal

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Since it's cooling off in Phoenix (only a 100* today), Michael and I decided to hit the trail. We ran Terminator and Raw Deal in record time... Only 1.5 hours for both. It's taken 4 or more hours to get through either trail with small groups so we were doing pretty well :thumbsup:

About the most exciting "whoops" was the loss of Michael's cooler. He had a real nice stainless steel Coleman cooler. When we got to the trail he realized that the strap holding it down had broken and it was no where to be found. On our way back out we found the cooler sitting on the side of the gravel road sitting upright. The cooler had a few dents, but all the contents were there. Someone had found the cooler with the contents spilled on the road. They put everything back and left it (Michael knew this because the contents were muddy).:thumbsup:

'nuff talk. Here's the photos.

http://www.explorerforum.com/terminator-rawdeal-8-04

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NICE!! Where is this located? (Guessing Arizona somewhere.)

North of Phoenix, AZ. between Black Canyon City and New River.

Wheelin pics, :thumbsup: Your rigs look good together! ;)

Nice. Is Michael a member here?

Cooling off is 100* :eek: Wanna know somethin crazy? It snowed in the mountains here the other day, and the leaves are starting to change! I hope we get tonz of snow this year.

Premier said:

Cooling off is 100* :eek: Wanna know somethin crazy? It snowed in the mountains here the other day, and the leaves are starting to change! I hope we get tonz of snow this year.

WHAT!!!! :eek:

You ask if Michael is a member here???!!!!????

where have you been :p Hes got one of the baddest chopped up solid axle explorers! Of COurse hes a member here :p ;) :D

Nice pics Rick, my trial ride sunday wasnt as adventourous but we went in soem water holes with lots of baby aligators swimming aroudn us, and got to pull a subaru out ......

Sorry.. only person that I know named Mike that posts here I MadMike. And I have no idea where he disappeared to..

Premier said:

I'm one of the quiet ones, but Ive been here a while. It was a typical great day on the trail after a few delays such as a dead battery, flat trailer tire and the aforementioned cooler incident. This is what I moved here for and I look forward to a lot more runs as the weather cools off more.

Michael said:
I'm one of the quiet ones, but Ive been here a while. It was a typical great day on the trail after a few delays such as a dead battery, flat trailer tire and the aforementioned cooler incident. This is what I moved here for and I look forward to a lot more runs as the weather cools off more.

Kinda Off topic, but where did you get that cooler? Its Super Nice? and if you dotn mind me askign, how much one of them run?

I bought it at a Bass Pro Shop in Houston 2 or 3 years ago for about a $100. I've since seen them all over the place, I'm not sure how much they go for now but they are clearly worth the price. That one tumbled off the back as I climbed a decent hill on the acess road to the trail and ended up at the bottom.
*edit* I forgot to add, it is made by Coleman.

Those trucks are amazing!!
Rick,
If I ever run into a ton of money somehow, and I bring my X to AZ, can you hook me up? You know, total paint job, full suspension upgrade, huge tires, lockers, whatever! The works!! We could even do a play-by-play write-up for the boards!! Guess I'll have to start playing the lottery more!

Oh, FYI...if you press and hold the "alt" key, then type 1 6 7 on the number pad, you get this º .... 100ºF

The pics are great, and I know you work with photography Rick, but do you ever leave the camera behind and just ride? Seems like stopping for pics would take some of the fun out of it...sometimes I guess....

... but do you ever leave the camera behind and just ride? Seems like stopping for pics would take some of the fun out of it...sometimes I guess..

If we didn't stop we would have been finished with our run too quickly :D As it is it took us only an hour and a half to get through both Raw Deal AND Terminator :eek: Either the trails are getting too easy or the rigs are getting too built:D

Thanks for the pics!

Xploerkid, Costco had them for around $100 everywhere else was closer to $120.

wheeling in 100 degree heat.. and calling it "cool"

only in Aridzona..

Come on now. . that is MY line through there:

IMG_0972.jpg

Looks like Michael got a bit of air doing it though. :p

So could you not convince each other to do Anaconda or were you saving that for another day. :D

Rick said:
As it is it took us only an hour and a half to get through both Raw Deal AND Terminator :eek:
Dang Rick, we ARE going to have to put a speed governor on your Rig aren't we. . . Slow down and enjoy it :)

Jefe said:
Dang Rick, we ARE going to have to put a speed governor on your Rig aren't we. . . Slow down and enjoy it :)

I second that!!!!!!!!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back