• Register Today It's free!

Ride height ???

ducrnd

Reaction score
City, State
N,Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 xlt
01 xlt 4x4 stock. I have a problem with rear end sag..( on trk, not me...) I have replaced the leaf springs and new shocks and still have a sag issue. rear is about 2 inches lower.
Any Idea on what else to look for or what may be the issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Original owner? Possibly lifted with a torsion twist? Easy leveling solution would be lowering
with the torsion bolts, but camber kits and front alignment would most likely be needed after.

Measuring from the fenders? Curious, try measuring the front and rear from the wheel centers.

Original owner? Possibly lifted with a torsion twist? Easy leveling solution would be lowering
with the torsion bolts, but camber kits and front alignment would most likely be needed after.

Measuring from the fenders? Curious, try measuring the front and rear from the wheel centers.

I am the original owner..

Replaced the rear springs with what?

Replaced the rear springs with what?

Same as factory ones, I did use to tow a trailer with it and thought that maybe they were just worn out so I replaced them with same as what was from the factory.

Same as factory ones, I did use to tow a trailer with it and thought that maybe they were just worn out so I replaced them with same as what was from the factory.

Were they new, OE?
Were they second hand?

I'm trying to understand why your replacement springs were as low as your old ones.

Were they new, OE?
Were they second hand?

I'm trying to understand why your replacement springs were as low as your old ones.

New from ford..question... the rear shackles for the leaf springs are facing towards the rear.. it looks like thats how they have to be,, But if they were forward and put more of a bend in the leaf wouldn't that raise it.

New from ford..question... the rear shackles for the leaf springs are facing towards the rear.. it looks like thats how they have to be,, But if they were forward and put more of a bend in the leaf wouldn't that raise it.

unfortunately you can't just turn them to face forward, they would just flop back to where they are, they are designed to never be leaned towards the front unless the leaf pack is flexed out all the way.

Back