Right rear window goes up when pushing down button | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Right rear window goes up when pushing down button

coachkd33

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer
I just replaced a right rear window regulator with a new motor and now the window goes up when pushing down and vice versa. Help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If there are 2 wires, swap them around.

Mine did the same thing when I replaced it. I just took the 2 wires out of the motor plug and swapped them. Worked correctly after this.
The interesting thing is I never replaced the motor on mine only the regulator part. The cables must be wrapped different on the replacement part than on the factory part.

I looked a the switch and there are 2 red wires, 2 black wires and one yellow wire. Which ones do I switch?

Don't want to pay to have this done, if I can do myself.

Thanks for the replies!

Don't change the wires at the switch. Pull the plug off the motor, it should have 2 wires. With a small screwdriver you can remove the wire/connector from the plastic shell and reverse their position. This will change the direction the motor turns when the switch is pressed.

Back