• Register Today It's free!

Right turn signal is dead

Provokr

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT 4.6L 4X4
so... I just bought my truck and I noticed that when I turn on my right signal, the indicator in the gauge assy does not illuminate and there is no clicking, and no light flashing on the exterior. The brake lights work on both sides and the left turn signal works... Anyone know what the deal is? Thanks in advance...

-Jed-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First replace the flasher. It is a yellow rectangular thing directly below the steering column. Just unplug the old one and plug a new one in. They are about $15 at any parts store.

First replace the flasher. It is a yellow rectangular thing directly below the steering column. Just unplug the old one and plug a new one in. They are about $15 at any parts store.

Hmm... okay, I will try that. Thanks:thumbsup:

The same flasher is used for left, right and hazard. The voltage that activates the flasher is supplied through the turn lamp. A non working turn signal is the first indication of a burnt out lamp. Push the turn stalk up and verify that the right lamp is on in the front and the back. If not replace the bulb.

Thanks for the replies. I dropped the cover under the steering wheel and found the yellow relay looking thing. I took it apart and put it back together again and now my turn signals work. Thanks.

-Jed-

The problem came back. I couldn't figure out what the deal was.... so I just started taking stuff apart.
I got just about to this point when I saw something...
dscf2050ej3.jpg

I had seen that the white wire with the blue stripe on top of the steering column had backed out of it's connector. I then asked it,"are you too good for your home?" and secured the wire back into the connector.
dscf2049yz3.jpg

Crisis solved. Now I have a right turn signal.

Provokr, did you happen to notice if your turn signal worked if your headlight/parking lights were off?

I have the exact same issue, so can you be more specific on the location of the connector and wire you fixed?

Back