• Register Today It's free!

Rims for a 2000 Mercury

TheMercyful

Reaction score
City, State
Killingworth, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountaineer
I was messing around in photoshop with a picture of my 2000 Mountaineer. Heres what I came up with.

MountaneerBlackRimsColor.png

Does anybody know what size rims and tires I should use to get this look? Does anybody have any experience with rims like this on their explorer/mountaineer?

If so, pictures and specs would really help me decide what I want to do.

Also, what do you think of putting 1 or 1.5 inch block on the back to level it out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really like the look of those rims...looks like a 20" rims to me. And lowering it a inch or two would look sweet as well!

For reference, here is my Explorer on 20s with 275/45-20 rubber...

RimsSun1940.jpg

BTW, what kind of rims are those?

20 Inch Rims

Wow, those rims look nice on your explorer! Just the right amount of rubber for my taste.

I once saw a Mountaineer with 22s, but required spacers on the front. Did you need any spacers to mount those? It would be great if I could know the width and the backspacing on them as well.

Also, are you lowered in the rear?

Oh by the way, the rims are by BBS, not sure what model. I just pulled them off a google search to play with.

Thanks man! Nope, no spacers needed and are 20x8.5. Unfortunately I don't know the backspacing off the top of my head but I'll try and figure it out for you.

As for being lowered in the rear, no, I'm not legitimately lowered in the back with blocks, but since my X is limited, it has the "air ride" in the back and it's busted so it sits lower than most, lol.

Nice! It's a Mounty too...:thumbsup:

Haha, alright, thanks. Just making sure.

I think it would look better if you took the brush guard off and the tail light guards... lowered trucks with off road accesories look kinda like someone doesn't know how to make up their mind to me...

Actually, yah, I kinda agree. It'll give it a much cleaner, street look with those removed.

Hey "TheMercyful", you can fit 22" rims with a low pro tire ( 265 35 22, 285 35 22) with no problem. That is what I'm runnin. But if you want a better ride, you may be better off with the twenties - you have more tire! Its all what your really looking for. Good luck with your decision!!

Yah, that's what made me go with 20s...with the roads here I needed more sidewall than I woulda got if I went with 22s.

Back