rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rims

I have a few questions, since the first gens tires in the rear really stick inward, would it be ok to run 2 rims in the back at 3.25 backspacing and for the front run 3.75 backspacing to try and space them out about even? With 31's. Or is this a no no? Anyone ever done this? Also, would a 15x8 rims with 3.25 backspacing give me a lot of rubbing issues, compared to the 3.75, I want the tires to stick out as far as possible without rubing all over the place. I am currently running 31 inch bfgs stock with no rubbing right now. P.S. -Would the 15x8-3.25 be ok with a 1-1/2-2 inch susp. lift? Any information would be very very helpful. And yes I have checked the chart for lifts but they dont go into any detail on backspacing. Thanks, I just don't know what to do here.

I doubt 31s on a 3.25 backspaced wheel will rub on anything. You just won't be able to rotate your tires. I've never heard of anyone doing this but I don't see why you couldn't.

This doesn't sond like a good idea to me.

-Drew

i wouldnt do it, you need to rotate your tires or they will wear out prematurely and all funky......

Back