Rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rims

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get some cheap white (or black I am just going to paint them) spoked rims 15x9 or 15x9½ (the stock is 15x8 right?). I want some rims for cheap that would be a little wider. My plans are to do the 2" torsion twist/2" shackle. A 2" body lift then put 33x12.50's or 33x11.50s. I prefer a little wider stance to compensate for the height and topheavieness that comes with it. (even if it is just a little) Also, If I go with a wider stance (deeper dish) am I more or less likely to rub with those larger tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock is 15x7. 15x8s will hold 31, 32 or 33" well, many also run 35s on 15x8. About the only common oversize tire they can't run is 31x11.5 or 31x12.5.

$40 each at 4 wheel parts: black rockcrawlers. Get 3.75" backspacing.

Alec

This back spacing, ¿Does that make the tires stick out further just a little bit. (that is really what I want so that I can get just a little wider stance if that doesn't cause more rubbing.

Yes, a lower BS number makes the tires and wheels stick out more. Stock BS is 4.5". So with 3.75" BS + 1" wider rims your track width will be 3.5" wider overall; plus the added width of new tires.

color

Hey Alec, I know I said I wanted either black or white spoked rims. These rock climers, are they black or are they white? I am probably going to paint them either way but, what color do they com (I might paint the outsiede dark grey or a grey to match my interior/steps) with that first lip maroon (to match the paint) and the centers black. Or I might just stick with black.

They're black. They're on 4 wheel part's website (though sometimes the correct bolt pattern and BS doesn't show up, you just have to call.)

Back