RIP 04 eb | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RIP 04 eb

This is my dad's old explorer, he ended up selling it to one of his friends when he got his f-150. Just found out today that it hit a tree at 70mph. This is the only picture I have of it but was told that the engine is sitting in the passenger seat. Driver was fine. Good to know how safe these things can be.

Dadsoldexplorer.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:eek:

I wonder what the tree looks like....

Holy smut!

Glad to hear the driver made it!! WOW

Who said us explorer owners aren't environmentally friendly, there's treehuggers among us!!!

hit a tree at 70mph.

Dadsoldexplorer.jpg

Why were they going 70mph if there was snow and ice on the roads? I would venture to guess that is why this happened.

Holy s*^t! Lucky anyone was ok.

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought anyone could walk away from that.

Why were they going 70mph if there was snow and ice on the roads? I would venture to guess that is why this happened.

What makes you think there was snow and ice on the road? Just because there is snow in the picture doesn't mean that the roads were bad. I can tell you a number of occasions where I was going 70+ when there was snow on the ground.

!Aye Dios Mio! He lived!?

What makes you think there was snow and ice on the road?

Because he obviously lost control of the vehicle...

Just because there is snow in the picture doesn't mean that the roads were bad.

It does mean that it's cold enough for problems to crop up overnight.

I can tell you a number of occasions where I was going 70+ when there was snow on the ground.

And I can tell you every time it snows I see dozens of people in the ditch from driving to fast for the conditions.

Because he obviously lost control of the vehicle...

It does mean that it's cold enough for problems to crop up overnight.

And I can tell you every time it snows I see dozens of people in the ditch from driving to fast for the conditions.

1: Hey could have fell asleep

2: It could be that cold but if the roads are dry there should be no ice

3: You have to know how to drive in different conditions. Just because there is snow on the road doesn't mean I'm going to drive everywhere at 20mph. Any by driving I do include braking.

The point here is we don't know all of the details, but the fact is you can drive 70mph when there is snow on the ground. Like right now where I am at it snowed over the weekend and there is still snow on the ground but the interstate is perfectly clear.

That tree was dead center. Could be snow, but it's just as likely that an Explorer yet again foiled a possible suicide attempt... It could have been anything though.

holy crap

I'm glad the driver survived. Regardless of the cause I'm sure he'll be driving more carefully. This sort of thing makes you paranoid.

Back