RIP exploder 1997-2012 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RIP exploder 1997-2012

Got some pretty upsetting news guys. I took the exploder out to the mud hole played in the mud and water as usual showin off my 35's and my snorkel.. But this time she didn't make back home.. :/ on the 30 min drive home I didn't realize the radiator was caked in mud frontside and backside; as I'm driving down the interstate the ol lady points put to me that my truck was running hot so I pulled over opened the hood and let it cool down for a while...

About 15 min later it started back up and was back a cold.. Out of no where the needle shoots straight to hot! As I am pulling of my exit it dies on me so I pulled into the gas station and was rinsing off the radiator an letting it cool down again.. Eventually she starts up again.. I start headin home again and she finally died for good. The engine blew :'( so after a good day mudding I wa pretty mad. I starting thinking and decided why not do the diesel engine swap that I have been wanting to do.. But it was a little harder to find that engine and parts to do it and I needed a truck ASAP for work so I had to sell her.. I sold her for 500 bucks.. It sucked to see her go since I have owned it since 98 and I built that truck to where it was.. So for 500 bucks great deal for the new owner bad for me..
But I added a new ford to the family.. I bought myself a 1979 ford bronco with a 351 Cleveland :) how much? 400 bucks!! All it really needs is some body work pretty bad.. But I rebuilt the carb put a new starter, gas tank, new battery, and brake booster.. Now fixin to buy the lift an some tires.

Sorry to hear you had to let your ex go. I know the feeling, I gave up my 94 that I had for so many years it was hard to leave it behind.:(

I know it buddy! Cant even tell you the thought that went threw my head

Back