RJ's B2 Build | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RJ's B2 Build

I started building my second RBV, a Bronco ii.

This thread is to post about and document the work done to the car, so it can help others that are building a b2 or ranger based vehicle. This is actually my second build thread about this rig, the first one was accidentally deleted.

I picked up this 1990 bronco ii in august of 2016. It's an automatic, 4x4, Eddie Bauer edition, that was already spray painted green when I bought it. But it had what I wanted, cruise control, factory a/c, electric Windows and locks, (although none that stuff worked, it was there for the fixin') and it was a fair price for a b2 with decent interior..... Almost none of the other ones on Craigslist had a good interior, or they wanted way too much money.

wp_ss_20171206_0005.png

So why build another 4x4 when i already have a built up explorer/Navajo?
Well this one just has a different vision for it. I don't plan for this one to be big and crazy and an all out dedicated trail rig. At least not for a few years. I want this car to be capable off road, but retain as much road manners as possible. Almost more like an overlanding vehicle. I want to be able to drive it long distances, use it for camping and mountain biking, and for four wheeling, but not something that needs a trailer.

So I want to keep the lift to a minimum, keep things relatively simple. Put some 33's, trim the fenders, some lockers, and just keep fine tuning everything as I go along.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

66F16D2B-D9CB-4495-BB13-F740A84E154E.jpeg

For sale

good luck with the sale! you picked a great time BII prices way up. People in big cities (like Denver) are actually knocking on BII owners doors now asking about buying the ones in the driveways............... Crazy right? BII worth some $$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck with the sale! you picked a great time BII prices way up. People in big cities (like Denver) are actually knocking on BII owners doors now asking about buying the ones in the driveways............... Crazy right? BII worth some $$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy. I put a much higher asking price on offer up. Hopefully Californians want them too

Just don't, take it for one last hurrah in a river this time...😆

She's gone. Off to a new home.

Well that was fast

It was quick but I still dealt with a lot of flakes on offer up. Now time to put some of that money into the Toyota

So no rubicon then I guess?

Back