Road Bully Lift REVIEW!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Road Bully Lift REVIEW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the last line
"However, I would have no problem posting this if i do not receive a refund."

This is getting rediculous. I am glad this can be viewed publicly by your potential customers.

well im a potential customer and the only thing this is making me do is reconsider the SIZE of the spacer. Keep in mind even the quick lifts from the big company rancho doesnt turn out to be great/ we all know the risks when we add anything that isnt OEM to any car, i thought it was common knowledge.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha!

stop being sensible.. im trying to cause trouble! :D

Just don't want Peder25 or RB to think anyone is hating for flaming... this is good thread tho :thumbsup:

...This can be found on the Bottom of the forums page and similar to other websites....This is also similar to the info supplied by all lift companies and I am only posting this as an example..;)

All tips and information provided on this site by either "Serious Explorations" or it's contributors are for use at your own risk and discretion.
Modifying the suspension on any vehicle will cause changes to it's handling characteristics.
Some modifications described within this website may void your factory warranty.

..In fact, look at the bottom of this very page...

well im a potential customer and the only thing this is making me do is reconsider the SIZE of the spacer. Keep in mind even the quick lifts from the big company rancho doesnt turn out to be great/ we all know the risks when we add anything that isnt OEM to any car, i thought it was common knowledge.....

but the customers who were having trouble with the quick lift called racho and got a refund. its business.

but the customers who were having trouble with the quick lift called racho and got a refund. its business.

of course they got a refund, rancho advertises a refund.

of course they got a refund, rancho advertises a refund.

mhmm...

Like others that have posted, this thread is REALLY making me reconsider....2" or 2.5" all around, or 2.5" front/1.75" rear...damn these choices!

Keep up the good work Ben, we got your back!!

mhmm...

Like others that have posted, this thread is REALLY making me reconsider....2" or 2.5" all around, or 2.5" front/1.75" rear...damn these choices!

Keep up the good work Ben, we got your back!!

Yeah, we can do whatever combo people want, I agree though that it is a good idea to lay off the 3" ones until we get the upper control arm situation figured out.
I've ordered the parts to build a tubular one that should help the situation, just going to get it made and installed on my little explorer first to test it out.

Cheers

Ben

To anyone considering any modification of your rig this has been posted on the bottom of every page of the site since the beginning...

All tips and information provided on this site by either "Serious Explorations" or it's contributors are for use at your own risk and discretion.
Modifying the suspension on any vehicle will cause changes to it's handling characteristics.
Some modifications described within this website may void your factory warranty.

"caveat emptor" - let the buyer beware. If you are worried about a refund, for any product you buy, first contact the manufacturer and ask him if he has a full refund policy. If you're worried about how long it takes to ship the product from the time you place the order, ask up front, before you lay down the cash.

To anyone considering any modification of your rig this has been posted on the bottom of every page of the site since the beginning...

"caveat emptor" - let the buyer beware. If you are worried about a refund, for any product you buy, first contact the manufacturer and ask him if he has a full refund policy. If you're worried about how long it takes to ship the product from the time you place the order, ask up front, before you lay down the cash.

:thumbsup:

I think the problem really boils down to those of us, like myself, who have watched this thing grow from just a thought to a real force for 3rd gen lifting, we realize the risks/consequences and have a better understanding of the product/situation/vendor. People who are new to 3rd gen's and 3rd gen lifting who see other users with RB Spacers, won't have the same background information/knowledge some others may have. Doesn't mean these users are not intelligent, it just means that they need to ask more questions, and perhaps, we need to stop assuming what we know about the product/vendor is common knowledge.

Now if only I could get the cash to buy these damn things i'd be happy :).

:thumbsup:

People who are new to 3rd gen's and 3rd gen lifting who see other users with RB Spacers, won't have the same background information/knowledge some others may have. Doesn't mean these users are not intelligent, it just means that they need to ask more questions, and perhaps, we need to stop assuming what we know about the product/vendor is common knowledge.

All for the asking of questions or The Reading of Existing Threads/Stickys. Even with that... If one is having a question or a problem, announcing the problem here would have brought folks out of the wood work trying to help. Y'all know how this family works. You do something to your rig... You show it off... We cheer. If you have a problem or concern... You announce a problem, you get tons of potential solutions until the one that fixes the problem pops up. Most of us know and understand that. For those who don't, that's how it is. You're going to get attention.

If PEDER had a problem with the spacers and posted "I'm having problems with the spacers", what would have happened? I truely believe the problem would have been diagnosed, he would have had it fixed and his Ex would be 3" higher in the air. We would have wanted pictures so we could all marvel at one more lifted 3rd. Gen. End this session's soap box...

in a few months ill be picking up a set of spacers. i cant wait RB has came up with a great thing that no company has done. the only way i wont be getting rb spacers is if rb comes up with a bigger lift. everyone has had issues with installing or whatever but in the end just about everyone got them installed with no issue. i think rb sales makes atleast 99% of his buyers happy.

rb lets see a bigger lift or some other toys. im in full support of roadbully off-road and cant wait to see the new stuff he comes out with

I think ben is approaching this the way it should. he fabbed up some spacers that we all was looking for now a few has had issues and now he should be hung. I stated my problem with a misunderstanding me and him had I never thought this thread would escalate to this point. the spacers he makes is the same thing you can order from truxxx so I doubt his design is any worse than a big company like them. like others have said already when you alter the oem equipment on any vehicle theirs certain consequences. I say keep doing what your doing ben and good luck

Except Truxxx does not make them for the Explorer, only for the Expedition.

So, since no one else is asking.... I was thinking and this thread got me to really thinking....

Peder... So... How much for the spacers, lol... Seriously... email me at hinsond@gmail.com. I don't get on here a whole lot.

As my first, well this is my second post. I notice I own a 91 xlt, wonder when that happened, lol. I thought it was an 04.....

Except Truxxx does not make them for the Explorer, only for the Expedition.
naw I'm almost sure there is a few in the 06 section thathave lifted theirs with truxxx... somthing about fatbobsgarage.com??? you can find them there I double check when I get home

My first post since starting the thread... I have to say I'm happy with my RB spacers. Like I said before, the things are made really really well. I'm glad I sprung for the powdercoating too... (even if it took 2 trips for your guy to get it right.. right RB?) They're coated well. In addition, after driving a hundred miles or so after install, the thing rides great & my front springs have indeed settled back down some I guess, as I measured again the other day and its sitting dead even.

That being said... I would not suggest anyone go over 2" with these things. When my trucks suspension was unladen (during installation) that upper ball joint was at one heck of a sharp angle... it did NOT look good. Once the weight was back on the truck, it looks just fine. But I think 3" would stress it quite a bit more. But to each his own.

I would never have imagined that this thread would have had so many replies...

My first post since starting the thread... I have to say I'm happy with my RB spacers. Like I said before, the things are made really really well. I'm glad I sprung for the powdercoating too... (even if it took 2 trips for your guy to get it right.. right RB?) They're coated well. In addition, after driving a hundred miles or so after install, the thing rides great & my front springs have indeed settled back down some I guess, as I measured again the other day and its sitting dead even.

That being said... I would not suggest anyone go over 2" with these things. When my trucks suspension was unladen (during installation) that upper ball joint was at one heck of a sharp angle... it did NOT look good. Once the weight was back on the truck, it looks just fine. But I think 3" would stress it quite a bit more. But to each his own.

I would never have imagined that this thread would have had so many replies...
I have 1.5" spacers (front only) and the ball joints are angled down a bit, so I can only imagine what they'd be like with 3". Still, it's the customer that orders the size, not the maker (except in your case....but we accept that 1/4" is neither here nor there).

As for replies - that's what EF is all about...discussion, problem solutions (of which RBs spacers are one solution to the problem of lifting a 3rd gen), photos, comments, disagreements, and more discussion!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since this thread is where all the convo is about this stuff. My feedback. I bought the slightly used spacers from Peder. 200 shipped. So I got to save a few bucks. :D But... Peder was awesome to deal with. I actually accidently sent payment twice. It was a fluke in my crappy internet in Iraq. He was very quick on sending the extra payment right back to me. He is a good guy, just had a bad uncommon experience. I see both sides of this story and I am glad I could help return some of his money, lol, and get my spacers for a few bucks cheaper. The install won't happen for a few months as I don't return from my deployment til August. But I will be sure to post pics after. :salute:

In short, Peder, I am sorry it didn't work out for you. Roadbully, keep up the good work, and I am glad you are able to provide this product for us. Any chance on getting me a sticker for a few bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back