road trip! beginning friday june 12th. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

road trip! beginning friday june 12th.

CCr

Reaction score
City, State
Ray ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT, 66 Mustang
a buddy of mine are taking his bmw on a 2 week road trip to encompass seattle, la, san fransisco, tombstone, mexico, las vegas, and denver. this is to start next friday the 12th. is anyone planning even small trips or want to meet up? or even better, are there any attractions like the worlds largest ball of string in your community? we enjoy fun little things like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so me and my buddy crowmagnumheaded out this morning from williston on our over 4000 mile roadtrip to the west coast, we are currently at a friends house, so far today we have seen an indian drinking a 40 at 9am in brockton mt, the worlds largest tractor, in havre we stopped and checked out the underground town, idk if anyone has heard about that but it was really cool. back in 1904 there was a large fire that burned down a large portion of downtown havre so the business owners just started to go into there basements and there was a whole network of tunnels going from business to business. from ***** houses to meat plants they were all down there, i cant get photobucket to upload the pictures but i took a few down there and they are really cool.

after that our tally of kills are two gophers and one bird and i got the first rock chip already but its not that big, nothing else was that exciting until we finally got to east glacier to the chalet that i stayed at two years ago and got some huckleberry soda there (the best soda ever) then went up the road and saw the worlds largest purple spoon, its like 15 feet tall or so, then we cruised down the road all the way to kalispell for the night and thats where we are now, pete will fill in any details i have missed but we will keep you guys updated with pics hopefully soon

oh, we saw a pickup pulling a trailer that the transfer case locked up on and he ####ing flew onto the sidewalk and into a businesses lawn, nearly hitting a kid on a bike. we saw a specific taser only cop car on a res, a ricer with what looked like at least a 6 inch cowl, a classic falcon that was set up as a highly modified drag car. giant meats tucked away , exhaust closer than an inch to the ground, and the vehicle was so low that the had to cut the rear fender to get the exhaust out

...I just found this thread and I'm subscribing...:biggthump

...I used to live up by Havre and we used to drive into town every weekend...:scratch:..It's been quite a while in fact...That's where I was living when Elvis died...:(

...And, you know the drill...:D
:ttiwwp:

I'm in the border between US and Mexico, where are you crossing? what parts of Mexico are you visiting?

sorry for not posting more lately, we didn't have a lot of internet. and had some late driving nights. then I didn't have internet at home. now I'm back to work so I can post an update hopefully tonight

pics, days are estimates......
day one.
worlds largest penguin in shelby MT
IMG_1664.jpg

day 2
worlds largest purple spoon
IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

the chopter
IMG_1705.jpg
[/QUOTE]

day 3
random amusement park spiritwood. outside of courdelane. bryce had issues with the big green coaster.
IMG_1918.jpg

random giant blue dog
IMG_1920.jpg

I believe this guy had a lift to put these on
IMG_1912.jpg

wrong year?
IMG_1881.jpg

bought a beer and it came in this bag
IMG_1877.jpg
[/QUOTE]

day 3
random amusement park spiritwood. outside of courdelane. bryce had issues with the big green coaster.
IMG_1918.jpg

My Sisters lives not to far from there, that place actually buys all of Six Flags old coasters and moves them there. That coster wasn't there a few years ago. Hopefully you went to Sandpoint, just north of there. Cute town:thumbsup: and home to Lighthouse foods (salad dressings and stuff) they have a cool tasting thing there:D

Edit: Yeap I was right that coaster is one of Six Flags DeJa Vu, only one left is here in LA.

800px-Six_Flags_Magic_Mountain_Deja_Vu.jpg

drove thru sandpoint. my cousin used to live there, seemed like a really nice place. after taking 3 hours for coasters we had to boogie thru.

Back