Roast me for buying primewell tires. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roast me for buying primewell tires.

Roast me for buying these Primewell Valera HT tires size 245/75/16... For $78 each and a coupon for a $49 alignment. How bad can they be?

Even though my Ex is lifted it never goes "off road" so to speak, it also doesn't get driven in the snow. ( I have an old Volvo with snow tires for that) I just need everyday tires for mainly regular roads and freeway driving, some dirt or gravel roads, maybe a two track trail here and there but no mud bogging.

To sell a tire in the USA it has to have safety standards and I would assume they were tested and passed. What I really want is some reasons why I shouldn't buy these tires.

I've done the search on the web and they have mixed reviews but no horror stories.

This deal is just too good to pass up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to hear the 265s didn't work out for ya. Looks like 245/75s and 265/70s are almost the same diameter, so ya didn't lose any clearence :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear the 265s didn't work out for ya. Looks like 245/75s and 265/70s are almost the same diameter, so ya didn't lose any clearence :thumbsup:

Yea I don't know if its because they were used or what. But the truck completely drove like crap. I swear these new tires make it drive like stock again, even with the lift :) It drives like a Lincoln on the freeway and my mileage is going back up as well.

2hi0xkx.jpg

mrwxg9.jpg

Tread

2ds33i1.jpg

Very reasonable, not a bad idea at all to get an alignment after new tires needed. Nice Ex, with that lift, it is calling for a tall and wide tire though!

Ideally I'd like to get some new soft 8's with a new set of 265/75's so I can swap back and forth.

Also plan to respray those stock wheels back to stock color with clear coat.

Update? How have the Primewells worn for you - now almost two years later. Did you keep them? Were they junk?

Just curious….thanks!

TimR><>

Just caught this on a whim... I have sold the primewells a while ago with those old rims. Got new soft 8's and duratracs now! :)

They were decent actually. Showed no wear after about 8000 miles. Performed well in the rain and quiet on the freeway. A good all around street tire. I would buy them again.

I just thought they looked kind of goofy on my lifted Ex. I would put them on a stock explorer though. They were a great price for a new tire and warranty was included.

Back