Robbie21's 2001 Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Robbie21's 2001 Explorer Sport

OK ive been drooling over this site for years, untill finally in january i actually lifted my car and now im finally ELITE!

Im 18 years old in Cumming, GA, not far from atlanta. I work at Home Depot. I have never done anything with cars untill I put my lift on my X. And just like the rest of you, if i had an extra $15k i could drop it in a week on my car.

My explorer is a 2001 sport 2wd 4.0L SOHC. I got it with 87k miles on it, now has 106k. Since i bought it ive been in two wrecks, neither very serious, both about 1500 dollars. the first someone ran into my parked car in a kroger parking lot and sped off when i wasnt there. The other my g/f rear ended me when the person in front of me went from 45 to 0 for a dog.

What ive done so far:

2 audiobahn 12" 800watt max subs
2200 watt legacy amp
pioneer DEH -1600 head unit
westin step bars
Performance accessories 3" body lift
double AAL
warrior shackles
about 3" of TT
33 x 12.5 r 15 Procomp mud terrains on rockcrawler 97 series wheels
yakima lowrider roof bars
cut off my muffler
removed sway bar
zip tie THROTTLE CABLE mod (courtesey of BMXking)

these pics are before i added the warrior shackles and another inch or so of TT(i was rubbing)
Stock
stocker.jpg

clean in driveway after BL and double aal
100_1291.jpg

some muddy shots
100_1305.jpg

100_1300.jpg

100_0155.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_1304.jpg

driveway2.jpg

Future mods:
flowmaster muffler

lockers

winch

and much more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

already did i blew a sub i went to athens and picked a new one up for free because it had a warranty thank god cuz them things are $$$

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are those offroadin pics in windemere ? this rig is way nicer in person

no those pics are on PIB( peachtree industrial boulevard) and thanks for saying my pics suck ;)

aight your welcome

Hopefully Kevin won't be in the way next time and you can test out the new "mod" on the RTI ramp (no rear sway bar) :D

BTW, Robert said to bring that 33 you got and he'll mount and balance it for you next week. One question tho....Where in the heck are you gonna fit a 33" spare with that sub box in the back???

again nice looking...are you going to put on some gap guards? So when are ya gouing to SAS it(as in once you find an axle)?

ive been debating the gap guards, i might pull an ExploredDMB and make some outta pond lining, im def gon put one in the rear, that bothers me the most, and after i get an axle im hoping to rush through it in about 3 months, but who knows, even though bryan^^ knew his was going to be a while, he was hoping to finish by thanksgiving, and hes still not done :), bryan i am going to get you to order me a yakima Loadwarrior and then ima put the tire on there, and thats such a sweet deal with robert, im so glad i met you guys

you work at home depot you can get the stuff dirt cheap.... :D what would you run for the SAS? Leaves? coils? coilovers?.

i would rather run coils, but i think ima go with leaves for simplicity and cheapness, and UNFORTUNATELY home depot employees only get a discount like 2 specific, but nonpredetermined days a year, they offer a lot of benefits and provide insurance and stuff so they believ they dont need to add more incentives, plus think of the money they would lose with people buying stuff and reselling it and buying stuff for their friends :(, but i always find the deals, wen stuff gets marked down or clearenced or somthin i pick out the stuff i need

My new yakima load warrior, Cobra 25 Ltd Classic, 4ft fiberglass antenna, and 50 rms 100 max watt PA speaker from radio shack, its freakin loud.
100_0170.jpg

100_0177.jpg
100_0175.jpg

100_0174.jpg
100_0172.jpg

the bumper is sticking out in this picture, but i have fixed that problem since then VVVVVV
100_0173.jpg

You should paint that PA black :) Which radioshack did you get the PA at? They don't have any at the one off of Satellite and Lawrenceville-Suwanee. How much was it? BTW, you still picking up the spare before you go down to FL?

Hey Robbie, What do you mean by double (AAL) 3" of (TT), Thanks Man!

Hey Robbie, What do you mean by double (AAL) 3" of (TT), Thanks Man!

Double AAL = add-a-leaf and tt = torsion twist.

-Rich

Whats torsion twist? thanks for your help bro.

Hahahahaha.

Update ;)

Back