Robbie21's 2001 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Robbie21's 2001 Explorer Sport

OK ive been drooling over this site for years, untill finally in january i actually lifted my car and now im finally ELITE!

Im 18 years old in Cumming, GA, not far from atlanta. I work at Home Depot. I have never done anything with cars untill I put my lift on my X. And just like the rest of you, if i had an extra $15k i could drop it in a week on my car.

My explorer is a 2001 sport 2wd 4.0L SOHC. I got it with 87k miles on it, now has 106k. Since i bought it ive been in two wrecks, neither very serious, both about 1500 dollars. the first someone ran into my parked car in a kroger parking lot and sped off when i wasnt there. The other my g/f rear ended me when the person in front of me went from 45 to 0 for a dog.

What ive done so far:

2 audiobahn 12" 800watt max subs
2200 watt legacy amp
pioneer DEH -1600 head unit
westin step bars
Performance accessories 3" body lift
double AAL
warrior shackles
about 3" of TT
33 x 12.5 r 15 Procomp mud terrains on rockcrawler 97 series wheels
yakima lowrider roof bars
cut off my muffler
removed sway bar
zip tie THROTTLE CABLE mod (courtesey of BMXking)

these pics are before i added the warrior shackles and another inch or so of TT(i was rubbing)
Stock
stocker.jpg

clean in driveway after BL and double aal
100_1291.jpg

some muddy shots
100_1305.jpg

100_1300.jpg

100_0155.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_1304.jpg

driveway2.jpg

Future mods:
flowmaster muffler

lockers

winch

and much more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"zip tie fuel line mod (courtesey of BMXking)"

That was the zip tie THROTTLE CABLE mod. ;)

So are you ready for a 44? Bruce found one at Pull A Part yesterday out of an EB. It's calling your name. :D

thats one nice truck :thumbsup:

You have a nice looking Sport..keep up the good modification work :thumbsup: and good job on becoming Elite.!!!!
I sure like seeing the Sports modified..!!! :D

Just got off the phone with him....we're going to pick up an Early bronco 44 tomorrow for ~100 bucks. :cool:

EDIT: NVM....turned out to be a 66 EB = Dana 30 :(

looks great...just curious what was the deal nin the picture when you had no front bumper?

SkanlaxJMO said:
looks great...just curious what was the deal nin the picture when you had no front bumper?

well after i did my body lift my bumper reinforcement would not go back on bc of the different brackets, do i just decided not to use it. and then when i was reinstalling the plastic bumper the bolts and brackets were not cooperating and the bumper was not tightened well bc of that and was very flimsy, when i was going off road i didnt want it to fall off some how and get run over or something so i just took it off and my friends and i cut a peice of sheet metal and zipe tied and duct taped it on the from for protection from mud and sticks and stuff, but then when i went to put the plastic piece on again after off roading that day, i manipulated them so i could tighten them back down, and now its good to go

Props to another southerner who knows how to get a 2 wheeler dirty. Looks good, yo.

i seen this truck in person that thing is big? oh and sorry bout the d 44 d 30 thing im a dumb a$$ sorry bryan

thanks j602 and bruce. Bruce im assuming you meant "big!" not "big?" and dont worry bout the d44, ill find one soon enough :)

small world your x and mine are twins, we'll used to be,lol nice look what happend to the front? Btw, my girl just moved to cumming Ga,, Small world!

what do you mean used to be, what happend to yours? read post 7 for the front explanation, where in cumming? what is she doing

lol, we'll mines still fairly stock, Window tint, new rubbers BFG ats, Uhm but pretty much like your stock photo,, Like the lift look, shes working w/ childern w/ autisim just started her buisness so somewhere in north atlanta,, Probably head down that way this summer maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to hang out

Nice looking truck, now throw some spindles on it and SOA the rear.

Texplorer said:
Nice looking truck, now throw some spindles on it and SOA the rear.
That's not gonna happen. We're looking for a Dana 44 for the front end. (I guess he caught the SAS bug from me) :p

Ouch, tranny adapter, tcase, axle, I wish I had that cash flow at 18. :p

Home Depot baby! i usually work 25-30 hours a week. $9/hr

New Pics

took some new pics today. These are after i added more TT and shackles.

100_0157.jpg

100_0163.jpg

100_0162.jpg

100_0165.jpg

My subs
100_0167.jpg

looks good so what do you think of my sub box ? its only a little bigger lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya bruce yours is freakin huge, but you said you blew it out right? when u gonna get it fixed?

Back