Rock Crawler Xtremes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rock Crawler Xtremes

Hey guys I am going to be gettin new rims to put on my 1999 X for the holidays and I wanted some opinions or see if anyone had any experience with the ones I was looking at..

http://www.tirepackage.com/systems....oduct=Pro+Comp+Rock+Crawler+Wheels&cat=Wheels

The ones I was lookin at were the Series 152 Street Lock or the Series 51 Black Powder... the 2 top left rims on the web page... I'm just lookin for some feedback on those or if you have any other suggestions.. thanx guys...also keep in mind i want to keep the price relatively low

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh be careful they are not all the same. Some of them have a crappy crappy backspacing and also look funky IMO.

I have a friend who got some black steel cheapies, then when the tires were mounted and he put them on his truck he could see they SUCKED! hahaha no returns once mounted :)

i have 15x10" black rockcrawlers... the good thing about rockcrawlers is they have a wide variety of back spacing for them. this is my second set. on the first set the paint blew off on half of them and they rusted and looked ugly. jus kept hitting them with krylon. the second set is so far holding up fine paint wise. they are cheap and strong the only downside is they are heavy. the street locks look better but i couldn't justify spending the extra money for it.

ok thanx guys...also what is the bolt pattern on a 99 X XLT

also the backspacing is how far the wheels stick out from the sides right? so a 3.75" bs would stick out a little more then a 4" bs right? thanx again

hopefully i will be able to go up to a 31 X 10.5 tire i was going to go with super swamper but i might have to settle for a slightly cheaper tire

3.75" is perfect for a 15x10 running a 33-37" x 12.50 tire.

it is also standard

are you saying that i need to run different back spacing or that it would be okay?

i did know that but i was lookin to get new rims

i am just not lifting at all right now and ive been told thats as big as i can go

great thanx alot guys i appreciate it

yes 15x8 = perfect for 10.5 wide tire, 10" rim perfect for 12.5" wide tire

BUT you can run 12.5" wide tires on a 8" rim.

What size tires are you planning?

i am lookin at 31 X 10.5

Here's a pic of the street locks on a sport trac (mine, particularly). I know its not a reagular explorer but it might give you an idea of what they will look like.

Ok, yeah, so I might just like showin it off a little, but they really are the same wheels, so hope it helps. :p

Attachments

• ST2.jpg
    ST2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 397
  • ST3.jpg
    ST3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 802
  • ST4.jpg
    ST4.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 443

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Every truck is different. some people fit 31s with no rubbing and some don't. If you don't mind trimming a little if they do rub go for it. You can get the F150 coil seats to lift the front about 2" for around $40 I think and then have no problem fitting the tires.

Back