Rock Jock 60 and ladder bar - Pumpkin on the upgrade path... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rock Jock 60 and ladder bar - Pumpkin on the upgrade path...

Exacticallly ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I assume the shackle is so it can move forward and backwards with the compression and rebound of the spring but not able to move up and down which in turn eliminates or minimizes axle wrap. :) Never seen that before.

Very popular on Jeeps and toyotas. I need one bad on my truck.

I'll probably go with the same cover I have on my 8.8". It's served me well for a long time...

5344.jpg

So...what are you going to do with the old 8.8" SVO cover? :D

The old cover is going on the Mustang:D

Flexed the truck out, no bind in the traction bar:chug:

Attachments

• flex1.jpg
    flex1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,055
  • flex2.jpg
    flex2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 917
  • flex3.jpg
    flex3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 597
  • flex4.jpg
    flex4.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,098

That is awesome. I need to do something similar with mine in the future. I will check yours out more at SMORR!!!!

That looks great Ric.

Looks great as always Rick.

I was amazed at how far the shackle on the traction bar twisted. I was afraid it wouldn't come back to center as we let the truck down, but it did without a problem. It really only has a lot of movement when the left rear tire is jacked. When the other tires are jacked the movement is much less severe. Looking forward to testing it out on the trail:chug:

Looks awesome Rick, bet you're glad it's finally in there and done. What brakes did you go with?

Using the same brakes off of the 8.8.

What are you going to do about the exhaust? It looks like you had to cut it off.

What are you going to do about the exhaust? It looks like you had to cut it off.

It's going to kick over towards the center and I'm going to run a Cherrybomb style muffler.

All done...

Attachments

• 1D7_1154.jpg
    1D7_1154.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 423
  • 1D7_1155.jpg
    1D7_1155.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 413
  • 1D7_1156.jpg
    1D7_1156.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 1D7_1157.jpg
    1D7_1157.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 538

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back