Rock sliders for me

zhanx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Up state NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls
Well it seems i was sleep walking and went to the Steel supply cause I went outside and found 2 8 foot peices of 2x2x3/16 and one 10 foot peice of 1-1/2x1-1/2-x1/8, 3"x1/4x6' flat stock and i was missing 80 bucks out of my wallet.. weird. Cause the x is on jack stands getting a *much* need front suspension overhaul....

Lee i'm gonna need a few pics of your sliders if you will since i am just gonna do ones like yours for now. Bolt on and welded. If i don't like the look i am going to be getting a tube bender from the fam for christmas if i am good (which i doubt highly)

The only thing I have a question on is:

Think i can have the tube stick out from the body 1"-2" to act as a step or should i tuck it under. And i noticed everyone runs their supports to the frame flat side (if square stock) down. Whats wrong with turning it to make it point of the square down? besides being more fun to figure out angles.
:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Think i can have the tube stick out from the body 1"-2" to act as a step or should i tuck it under.
Rocksliders are fun :D

I think you should leave 1"-2" sticking out but not as a step -- but rather to protect the body a little bit during off-camber/tilt situations when the body comes "out" further than the slider.

Mine are sticking out quite a bit. When we originally made them they were bolt on and for steps, i had not even heard of rock sliders back then. Now i've got them braced up and welded on. They do protect the body alot better and keeps you off the rocks so you could possible open your door or something like that. I'd say take them out some.

deffinitly take them out some. I'm planning on actaully extending more than what they already are with 2x2 square stock once the fullwidths are in :)

Back