• Register Today It's free!

Rock Sliders mounting options

Super_Swamper_98

Reaction score
City, State
Bossier City Louisanina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Sport 2WD
My Rock sliders came in today and I am trying to get some opinions on how to mount them up. Either the tradishional way angled up or mounted like a step bar I like either way. Im going to weld some plate on the end of the tube and a gusset on the top and bolt them to the frame. But im just looking for some extra imput on witch way to angle them.

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really dig the way they look mounted at an angle. I think that they would provide you with a little more wiggle room when it comes to playin' in the rocks too.

I really dig the way they look mounted at an angle. I think that they would provide you with a little more wiggle room when it comes to playin' in the rocks too.

Yea that is what I am leaning towards angled.

Maybe just a little less angle than in your pic. That way you could still use it as a step (if you need it). It also all depends on what kind of terrain you'll be on. Since you're 2wd you might not get into the situations to cause this... :)

IMG_6592.jpg

Both doors on the same rock, but different trips!

yea that looks good! 2WD for now:D going with the cheaper stuff right now axle this summer I already have a D44 out of a J20 Im slowly collecting parts.

Maybe just a little less angle than in your pic. That way you could still use it as a step (if you need it). It also all depends on what kind of terrain you'll be on. Since you're 2wd you might not get into the situations to cause this... :)

IMG_6592.jpg

Both doors on the same rock, but different trips!

Froader, I like how you went back a second time, just to make sure both doors match, I am a sucker for being well balanced too!

that is pretty damn cheap....

open your door and mount them up with an 1-1.5" of room for flex between them and the door. so in the event of a real hard hit/bending you have some play to still open your door. be sure to do a write up, i don't think there is one for a sport on the forum. i like those sliders and not a bad price, what is the shipping like?

how far apart is the main slider and the outer hoop?

Mounts are done I have like 2 left to make. I need more metal for the gussets. Don't Judge my welding skills.

IMG_1411.jpg

Less angle I think would protect a bit more then angled. specially for things such as trees and the like as your providing more space between the side and the obstacle.

progress?

progress?

Yea can't decide if im going to put them on now or after my BL 35's plus I want to get them powder coated wrinkle black. But I have them all welded up and ready to put on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're putting a body lift on, wait until that's done to install them.

That's what I'm thinkin the bracket on the sliders hangs down like 3 inches because of the rockers so 3' BL would be perfect

Back