Rocks, some mud, and the road | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rocks, some mud, and the road

Going to put new tires on the EX and can't deside on what kind to get. The size will be around a 36x14.50 or so.... I am leading towards the Super Swamper TSL radial, but don't know how it will do in my application of rocks, some mud, and on the road. Any suggestions or imput?:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The BFG AT and Baja both come in 37x12.50 sizes, though you probably want something wider. The Baja might be an option though, fairly aggressive, but probably still good on the road.

As far as your tire choice your right on the money for your needs. I use to run the 36x12.50 TSL radials and loved them. They did excellent in the rocks and proved me a few times in the mud. They are loud on the street but who cares. I got a crap load of miles off my tires.

Are you sure you wanna run a 14.50 wide tire on your Dana 35? A 36x14.50 tire is going to cause alot of stress on your front end. Just a warning. I'm not knocking you for wanting to do it but I rebuilt my front end alot because of the sizes I ran. And at $225 a rebuild it gets kinda spendy.

Sorry forgot to tell ya that I am working on a SAS with a Danna 44 and in the rear a Ford 9". Ya I think I might go with the TSL's, How long do you think a Bogger would last on the road? I will be driving it every day on the road, no trailer here.

Originally posted by EBexplorer
How long do you think a Bogger would last on the road? I will be driving it every day on the road, no trailer here.

with an automatic locker they will last severly less than with open diffs.... i say about a year or 15k

Swamper SSR. They're radials, they're siped on the inner lugs, and they're Swampers!

Back