Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

Hello all. As the member who this phrase was coined after, I believe we have enough members now to start making an actual board and sub-division of Serious Explorations. Therefore, I must lay down a few rules for the nominations and elections.

1. Anybody can be nominated that is a member of the roll over posse.

2. As a member though, consideration for election must be based on a few simple factors.
2a. Stupidity-Ie, getting hammered and trying to do doughnuts in a wash. Who was that?
2b. Ammount-Ie, number of times that any one person has had at least two wheels, of the same side of the vehicle, off the ground for more than, oh let's say 30 seconds.
2c. Dedication/Damage-Ie. The amount of damage sustained to the vehicle, but the dedication of the owner to fix it and continue on.

All roll over posse members are allowed to vsubmit nominations, but a short story briefly describing the incident must be accompanied so that when voting comes arround that members may have a basis to vote on.

Let's have fun with this, and remember, the longer you continue to offroad, it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN you too will become a member.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Memfis, I'm glad my kid dose not ride a school bus where you live. Learn to drive a truck Hell! First you should not be allowed to drive since you've told us about your driving style. Second you need to do some serious growing up. Any body that takes a turn at night with other people in it at 85 in a truck that was not designed to do that needs to be off the road. By the way, were you watching your speedo while trying to take turn?

And yes I was young once and did stupid driving things. And people told me that i was not driving right. Well, its my turn. Mark this on your calander, you are going to get hurt yourself or somebodey else very hurt or very dead. Wake up!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Josh,

Slap it on a trailer and bring it to casa de nukinfutz. We will take real good care of your rig! :)

I'd love to Brian, actually it's still on the trailer, all i have to do is hook up and drive, but theres a small problem, i'm about 20 hours away!

JoshC said:
I'd love to Brian, actually it's still on the trailer, all i have to do is hook up and drive, but theres a small problem, i'm about 20 hours away!

Well all you have to do is leave at 5 a.m. You should get there about time the nukinfutzers have got themselves good and beer driven around 1 a.m..

You simply park the trailer and go to sleep... By the time you wake Brian and the crew will have it all done and ready for tube work :D
Watching these guys "play" on the NF board is pretty impressive ;)

Rick
I really want a sawzall smiley :cool:

Yeah stupid moves on my part, the bus thing wasnt my fault, as someone cut in front of the bus and it slammed on brakes and i did too and just slid across gravel at about 15mph. The people in the bus didnt even feel it so no one was hurt. And yes i have acted stupid but i have been driving a lot safer recently, and am trading for a sports car next year. But until then im gonna drive my x like an x should be driven.

Got a question for you fello roll overies, mine was on it's top for about 15 minutes, it was running until i turned it off. The guys i was with told me to not even try turning it over with out pulling my plugs and blowing all the oil and what ever else out. Oil did run out my intake, so i've gotta take that apart, but should i have to pull the plugs?

I pulled them anyways and tried to crank it but it didn't crank, it just sounded like a someone turning a fan on or something, like the starter was just spinning really fast, i've never heard one make a sound like that before. I don't see what it wouldn't crank, right?

Sounds like the bendix on the starter is jammed. Try putting a breaker bar on the crank bolt and turn the motor by hand to verify that nothing else is busted. I'd bet it's just the starter.

Since it was running while on it's lid and you shut it down, the motor should be fine. Our '92 sat on it's side for the better part of 2 hours, and it fired right up after I re-filled the crankcase (never did pull the plugs). Ran rough and tossed codes for a little while until I got all the oil out of the MAF, intake and other areas that it didn't belong in. Motor ended up in BigCheck's truck continued to run fine.

Well it was oil out the intake, just from the vent to the oil fill, so that's good. I did take the MAF out and cleaned it as best i could.

I tried to start it again and i listened good this time, i can hear the bendix jump out and then the fan noise starts, i guess that maybe the benix may not be jumping far enough i don't know. But i could smell gas where the plug are out, so that's good i guess. The plugs didn't have oil or anything on them, so my guess is that the motor is fine, only damage was a loss of oil from the oil fill hose, crap that was good Mobile 1 syn too, lol.

I'd say your right Jeff, i just turned the crank with no problem and as soon as i moved it i heard the bendix kind of let go of the fly wheel, so look like i'll be taking that baby off.

ok guys well I don't know how well i fit into this but here it goes, had my X out at 12:30am screwing around in some gravel then went back onto the road and took the turn a little wide and in the grass so my lazy ass didn't have to make a U turn. Well apparently i should watch where im going, there was a 2-3 foot deep hole for a drainage pipe the my front right wheel sunk into. Well over she went as slow as a truck has rolled in the history of cars. Air bags went off when it hit even though i was going 5mph. Then it just rolled so slow I thought it was over when i landed upside down, then it finally started to roll again and proceeded down the embankment over 2 full times and landed on its wheels still running. Well... it was also full of crap and there was stuff falling all over oh, and this included blades for my moms food processor, so there flying around along with pool balls and a ton of boxes of stuff i was supposed to go drop off the next day. So lets sum this up, 5mph, hole, airbags to the face (nice and bloody), 2 full slow rolls with flying pool balls boxes and sharp blades, lands on wheels still running, horn stuck on at 12:30am... totaled.:roll:

After i got it towed outta the huge hole and back to my house, windshield is shattered and the roof is crushed down even though it doesn't look like it:

Geez mine had more damage (just by looking) just rolling over on the top then you did rolling twice, just my luck! Glad you were able to get on and type it out to us :D

yeah it was such a slow roll it was ridiculous, the roof did crush in over my head that pic makes the thing look great, I couldn't open my door and had to get out the pass. side, the whole truck buckled both of the drivers side doors buckled out. Oh i forgot to tell everyone I had a plastic roll cage installed thats probably what kept the roof from caving in:rolleyes:

I'd say membership accepted :roll:

Not sure if any of you remember Brian B (I think that was his handle). He drove a gold 2nd gen w/ SOHC. From Arkansas. He sort of faded away after he scored that 50's vintage (60's?) Ford pickup, red. Anyhow, I just found out via Facebook that he rolled his truck. He needed some surgery to fix an injured arm. He's replaced it with a Mounty like Don has, and also like turdle's son. 4.0 though.

I've tried to get him to come over here and post some pics. I've seen them. Not purdy. Once again, someone gets into trouble in their 2nd gen and walks away to talk about it.

Never rolled the ex. (knock on wood) I was in a Mitsubishi Pick up that rolled down the sand dunes in Feb. 3 complete rolls back onto the wheels, drove it home totaled. My old man was driving that day :)
I flipped a pathfinder on its side at the junk yard. Drivers side down, after the crash i couldnt find the screw driver i used to start it with in the first place so i left it running like that to get another screwdriver. I climbed over the undercarage (thank god I remembered to put it in park cause of the drive shaft) only to find no exterior door handles. smashed the windows, jumped down into it and shut it off. I still got another 3 days of beating that thing before SOMEONE ran over an x-ray machine and tore out the oil pan. I'm not looking for a nomination because i didn't roll the Ex (the wood again), just thought I'd share:p:

this is horrible i hope to god i never have to list myself here but if i do i hope it is at least fun.... oh and has a good story to go with it.

This is after some paint, the mirror, cargo glass and rear bumper have been replaced.
sorry i dont have any pics before the repairs

DSCF0922.jpg

Going up an embankment got sideways and laid her over on the pass side.

Bummer on the dents but it looks good in military green. :D

its my toy so i expect quite a few more dents :) gonna paint the rims black soon, its also my zombie squad BOV. official zs #5504

Back