• Register Today It's free!

Roll Pan

Circa X

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X sport
Would anyone be interested in a roll pan for the explorer if so, i might have someone that will be making us one and having the mold ready for anytime anyone needs/wants one... Post up if interested...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would DEFINATELY be in line if it looked good.

me too me too!!!!

ya let us know how much, etc

I think you have to cut the framerails to fit a rollpan on an Explorer.

Originally posted by 4Wheelin
I think you have to cut the framerails to fit a rollpan on an Explorer.
Yep, you would. I would be interested if the price is right and cut it so the framerails come through.

Robb

i think its safe to say that ANYONE here with a sport truck explorer would be interested. i am, and keep us posted. there have been many threads about roll pans here just like this one, only to have the originater dissapear.

me too

I would be willing to cut the 4+ inches off my framerails to make room for a rollpan.

other than the fact it is kinda hard work to shorten the frame rails, what are the other cons to doing so? My friend's eclipse had to have all of its impact support bars taken off to make room for his body kit (if he ever gets hit, his car will just crumble), so im sure in comparision this wont be half as unsafe. i talked to the body shop guy who did this eclipse, a civic, and any other decked out car in my area (inluding his own 600+ hp chevy, its sweet :) ) and he thought he might evne be able to make a different roll pan work...

Think about this: The framerails on other trucks (i.e. Ranger) end at the end of the body. Explorer frame rails extend about 4-5 inches past the body because of the bumper design, which is somewhat abnormal.

With that being said, I don't think there are any more saftey issues with an Explorer than any other truck with a rollpan.

BTW, all you'd need to do is go at the rails with a grinder to hack em off. :D

so the only downside i can think of is that its irreversable. Once you've got a roll pan, you cant go back to your orginal bumper when u sell the truck?

I don't think that cutting off 4" of frame will make that big of a difference in the safty of the truck. Just cost the person that rear ends you more!

you have to cut off a peice of your frame, i thought it wsa just the fender peice that was messing everything up?

Fenders will not get in the way.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no, but they will look bad on an xlt if you don't modify them.

Back