Roll Pan | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Pan

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all the details are being worked on right now we are trying to get things set up...
we are going to base it upon this with the option of the license plate box and w/out for us with the plate in the rear hatch door......
explorerrollpan

i would be interested in one, but i wonder how much modification it would take to a class III hitch in order to make it look right (not stick out to far in the back) so that i could still tow

price? expected date of comlpletion? I pretty interested. Expo, i've seen a lot of minitrucks (s10s and rangers for the most part) that have roll pans, and you get a trick liscence plate that folds down on a hinge. Behind the liscence plate is a hole, and the female end of ur hitch. Everything is behind the roll pan. Then u just stick in the extended arm and ball and ur good to go! Im not sure of the details on an X back there, but i dont see why you couldnt do this on an X as well

rollpan

How different would a roll pan be from 91-94 to 95-98? I'd be interested in one for my 93, they do make universal ones but I'm kinda iffy on those.

I am in 100%- I was going to make one but just dont have time!!!.... that is the reason no one makes the roll pan for the explorer is the frame rails. I dont think it would be that bad to cut the rear rails off and I dont think it would effect anything. Ford should have desided it to use a bumper link the ranger.

any updates whats coming along??

make sure there is a place on the roll pan for a plate!!!!!

we are still in early stages of design of the mold, but things are progressing forward for sure....

ditto. These are gonna be fiberglass right. When i get my pan, im puttin in supra tail lights, so i just wanna make sure i can do this. I have a guy who can shave my current tail lights, and he'll help me wiht the supra tail lights and wiring too, just wanna make sure it can be done. Idea number two is caddy LED's or just smaller flame or regular LED strips in the pan for new tail lights.

Nick, I just realized you're from Sandusky. Must be fun being around Cedar Point year round! I go up there a few times every summer, I love it!

Sandusky... Tommy Boy! Great movie :D

hahah yep! I live down Cedar Point Road actually. I can walk there. I dont go there as much as i used to just because ive ridden all the rides liek a billion times, but its a great place to go in big groups and just have fun. Im a big millenium force fan! haha. If anyone goes to CP, hit me up and we can go cruizin in the X's. Its a fun time. Hell we should have a meet here and then go to CP afterwards.

As for Tommy Boy, i still have yet to recoginize any scene in the movie as somewhere in Sandusky, but i think that its totally cool that my town was actually mentioned in there!!

Yeah the roll pans will be made of fiberglass, I am working on something made out of steel also. I am not sure how well it is going to go, but i will definitely see what can be done....

i would be if the price was right

Count me in 100% when can you get this done ?

How much are these guna cost to have made? I am very interested still, just seeing whats going on with them. Any new info?

am also interested in a metal bumper! My only question is will it fit a 97 mountaineer and how much????

Just to inspire this thread, here are some more rollpan pics that I found.

Dead Link Removed

7134rollpan2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back