Roll Pan | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Pan

hey if ne of yall have a spare second can yall help me out on a ranger roll pan ??

my ?'s at this thread

here

thnx

PEACE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by kingsleysurf
and if your not?

Let me make sure i hace thius correct... the frame rails are the grey part on 2001+ sports correct? is there any metal or any part of the actual frame that needs to be cut?
There are 2 frame rails. The are about 2' apart and run from the front bumper to the rear bumper. If you look under the truck, you will see them. Both bumpers are bolted to them.

To put a rollpan on you will need to cut about 4" off and either drill holes in whats left or reweld/bolt the bumper mounts back on. I have never used a cutting torch or a welder, but I do have access to both.

I don't think we've made it clear to some of the people in this thread that it WILL take some fabrication to your truck to get a rollpan to fit. You WILL have to cut your framerails, probably drill some holes, and possibly lose your spare tire. If you don't have simple tools like a grinder or a drill, or if you're scared to cut, then you should not be ordering one of these rollpans.

i will second what Hartman said. flat out, no denying, you will have to cut a certain amount off of your framerails. you also need to understand that once you get a pan on there, you wont be able to go back to the stock bumper. well, not easily anyway.

And with that being said, the list of buyers so far should be cut about in half. :D

And with that being said, the list of buyers so far should be cut about in half

LOL

get the cutting torch or sawsall out.
It wouldnt be that bad to go back to a bumper after cutting the frame.... just keep all the pieces... and then using some flat stock and some bolts.... bolt the rear frame/factory bumper back on- would work ok

I am still in as log as my spare tire can be kept.

I think that it might be a good idea to have one done and then let people see how it turns out and stuff and then mass produce. Just and idea.

Jed

oreokid220@aol.com

That is kind of what I expected had to be done, but I am running very short on money right now- so we'll see.
If anyone who is on the list did not know about cutting the frame and is not interested anymore please let me know.

Thanks

Still looking for a test truck near Tampa area.

Im still in.....

cutting is fun and dont need a spare- lol

I like having my spare where it is. I dont have room for it anywhere else. I could probably get creative and modify the spare tire winch a little to move the tire a tad closer to the axle... so I'm still in.

You could probably keep the spare where it is with a little bit of work.

For that price count me in! Ineed one for a 97 monty with a license plate. MERC97.

Thats not funny-
Ok- I talked to the guy today, he took a look and said it won't be a problem. He needs the truck for 2 days to form everything up. It looks like it will be next weekend (13th and 14th) And he can have 5 or so more done in a week and it looks like it will be about $250 still.

As far as the construction and attaching them, he said that there will be brackets molded into the pan to attach to where the frame will be cut and it will also connect under the rear hatch where the little black piece is connected.

As far as spare tire and hitch- tire should be ok, but it looks like either you need a receiver for a stock explorer (possibly) or move the spare and find one that fits up there. Any ideas?

What questions does anyone have that I need to ask?
-How much finish work needed?
-Anyone interested in getting one painted? I'm going to ask him how much more for that

If anyone is no longer interested please let me know.

I am still in but wont be able to purchase till this summer probably, is that a problem?

As long as there are enough others to buy now.

Oh man... this sounds too good to be true. What about ones without the plate?

I guess whoever has the money gets what they want first.

Also, what about license plate lights?

I still want one with a plate. For the plate lights I was thinking of buying/using the light up plate bolts..... they would be small and should blend in nice.

if you dont know what im taking about ill trya and find a link and post.... i just forget the name of them at the moment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here- I knew summit sold them

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=1858

lite_n_boltz.jpg

Back