Roll Pan | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Pan

Well I think we can all guess how this situation is gonna turn out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Hartman
Well I think we can all guess how this situation is gonna turn out.

I was thinking that when the thread got started.

Originally posted by Black Magic
I sware by the power invested in me as the driver/owner of Black Magic that I will find someone to make a rollpan!
yea, you will find someone. it will be me, and i will only make one. it will go on my truck, and it will then be my avatar. mainly just to tease everyone... :p

I'd just make my own, but I dont think I would be able to keep my spare tire and have a tow hitch also, and the EX being my only reliable tow rig, Im gonna have to say Im not gonna fab one up for myself.

Matt, James is crazy. You don't want to race him. He will run you over before he loses to you and if he can't catch you, he'll throw beer cans at you.

i will not lose to a six banger. go ahead, get your charger. i can swap to a bigger nozzle for less than $2.

be careful, little dark magical flower. you might get what you wish for... ;)

You Azz'es! I ment Race to see who can get a rollpan on their truck and on their Avatar!

I would love to race some of you guys arround here just so I could meet you all! Pluss kick you houches!

oh... you mean race to build a rollpan... well i could go get a roll of landscaping edging material from Walmart, a can of Bondo, and some spray paint and have one done in a day. :D

lol okay, ill give it 3 weeks before the bondo cracks and it looks totaly bum-life.

i still dont see why that method of that foam/landscaping stuff wouldnt work if you used fiberglass instead of bondo? i dont really know much about fiberglass, but why couldn't u just cover the mold of foam in fiberglass and call it a day? it would be easy to make a mold with that foam stuff to look good

You can do it that way, that's how they make molds for some stuff. Give it a whirl.

i dont know how to fiberglass....it just seems to me if u did it that way ti wouldnt be that hard...

Fiberglass is easy. Just get some resin and cloth, mix the resin and soak the cloth with it, and lay it down. The hard part is getting it smooth.

nick- that way sounds like it would be easier, but it wouldnt. fiberglass is really hard to "shape sand". it would be ALOT easier to just start with an F150 pan.

If all of you guys want a roll pan that bad, give Wyotech a call. They take customer projects and you only have to pay for materials. You'll have to leave an Explorer up there for a while if they don't have a comp car to use. They have a custom body fab unit where they learn how to make roll pans, and they do good work.

my friend is going there next year for school, he has a 92 explorer, he plans on building one then...i dont feel like waiting that long though

I'm fabricating one as we speak!! Its out of metal and the side are going to be hand fabricated. If your lic. plate is in the bumper (96-98 I believe) You could install a hideaway hitch.
Since I'm doing it after work, it'll take several weeks to get the first one out there.

keep us updated. also big poppa if keep us updated whether this guy is gonna make one or keep actin shady. either way it sounds like we are making soem progress here hopefully.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found a company that makes composite fiberglass rollpans for F150s, I may start making my own in a few weeks.

Back