Ronin's 3rd Gen rock slider build thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ronin's 3rd Gen rock slider build thread

Man good job on the sliders .what happen to the truck?

Thanks. Was driving to the beach and another car pulled out on the highway right in front of me (t-intersection). Tried to swerve and slow down but the other car kept driving across the highway into the space that I was trying to swerve into, so I tboned it and went into the ditch. Everyone's ok (people in the other car got banged up kinda bad) but my truck's probably totaled. I'll find out in the next day or 2.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. Was driving to the beach and another car pulled out on the highway right in front of me (t-intersection). Tried to swerve and slow down but the other car kept driving across the highway into the space that I was trying to swerve into, so I tboned it and went into the ditch. Everyone's ok (people in the other car got banged up kinda bad) but my truck's probably totaled. I'll find out in the next day or 2.

Awww man i bet it was a pretty bad ,that really suck man.that truck was a beast too.glad everyone is ok.

Imma need specs from them if you can... they look exactly how I envision
Can't believe its been wrecked... Blows my mind...GLAD YALL ARE OK!

Imma need specs from them if you can... they look exactly how I envision
Can't believe its been wrecked... Blows my mind...GLAD YALL ARE OK!

Yeah it's a bummer. I'll look over my notes and give you the specs when I get a chance. Couldn't salvage them from the wreck, so I just look at it as I got a good home course in welding and fabrication. I don't think I spent more than $300 total in metal, paint, and welding supplies.

Yeah it's a bummer. I'll look over my notes and give you the specs when I get a chance. Couldn't salvage them from the wreck, so I just look at it as I got a good home course in welding and fabrication. I don't think I spent more than $300 total in metal, paint, and welding supplies.

DAMN so they did total it out

Wow! That sucks boss. Glad everyone's OK. At least you got an Ironman out of the deal :)!

damn that sucks man sorry to hear about the truck but glad everyone is ok.

Sorry to hear about you wrecking your ride and glad everyone is ok, but did you put a Patten on sliders and if so who did you give the prints to cause I would like to order me a set.

Sorry to hear about you wrecking your ride and glad everyone is ok, but did you put a Patten on sliders and if so who did you give the prints to cause I would like to order me a set.

I don't think you can really patent rock sliders. Too generic.

I didn't make any blueprints or anything, but if you find a place near you to fabricate them, you can point them to this thread and that will show them what they need to get started. They'll probably need your truck to get some of the measurements right.

Also, if you're not body lifted I'd probably just use 2 x 3 or 2 x 2 for main tubes.

Back