• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Ronin's Rig 2.0

Mods:

-17x8 Black Rock Viper 900B wheels with 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ tires: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/72276A52-orig.jpg

-Bentley style grille insert painted with Duplicolor bed armor: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/F63217CE-orig.jpg

-Raptor-ish LED Grille Lights: F150 Raptor-style ID lights/Marker lights

-30" LED light bar behind grille: Hidden 30" LED Light Bar install

-Dodge-style smoked LED cab Lights: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/2D2EA221-orig.jpg

-Fox 2.0 Emulsion coilover shock conversion in front, Truxxx strut spacers in rear on stock struts: Ronin8002's 4th Gen custom coilover conversion

BTF Fabrication Uniball upper control arms

Fuel tank skidplate

1" body lift

Adjustable limiting straps in front

Shackle tow hooks in front

Front skidplate

Planned Mods:
Scanguage II or Torque display
Fox Coilover shock conversion in rear
CB radio
Viair on board air system
Rock sliders

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

01STrunner

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
This is going back a few months, but do you remember about how long it took you to install your clearance lights? I've got a set waiting to be installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

HiImBrian

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Petersburg, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
It takes him FOREVER to do anything to his truck, that's why it's always perfect.

Ronin8002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT Ironman
This is going back a few months, but do you remember about how long it took you to install your clearance lights? I've got a set waiting to be installed.

I would say it took 4-5 hours. a good chunk of that was spent getting everything perfectly lined up....once you drill the holes then it goes pretty fast...just running the wires and sealing it all up.

Ronin8002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT Ironman
It takes him FOREVER to do anything to his truck, that's why it's always perfect.

Lol thanks, I do overthink stuff sometimes but it's usually worth it. Lately I've been too busy with work, home improvement, or just not feeling like working on anything.

I did get the catback on today and it sounds great...I'll need to get a video of that to post later.

01STrunner

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
Thanks, I keep finding how-to's but no one ever said how long it took them. Might have to wait til next weekend because of all the rain.

The truck's coming along nicely by the way. I completely missed your skid plate/tow hook build until today.

MadAsHell

Reaction score
City, State
LAKE CHELAN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
That is sharp, clean lines, great color , not overdone yet sophisticated. Nice Ride.