Ronin's Rig 2.0 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ronin's Rig 2.0

Mods:

-17x8 Black Rock Viper 900B wheels with 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ tires: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/72276A52-orig.jpg

-Bentley style grille insert painted with Duplicolor bed armor: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/F63217CE-orig.jpg

-Raptor-ish LED Grille Lights: F150 Raptor-style ID lights/Marker lights

-30" LED light bar behind grille: Hidden 30" LED Light Bar install

-Dodge-style smoked LED cab Lights: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/2D2EA221-orig.jpg

-Fox 2.0 Emulsion coilover shock conversion in front, Truxxx strut spacers in rear on stock struts: Ronin8002's 4th Gen custom coilover conversion

BTF Fabrication Uniball upper control arms

Fuel tank skidplate

1" body lift

Adjustable limiting straps in front

Shackle tow hooks in front

Front skidplate

Planned Mods:
Scanguage II or Torque display
Fox Coilover shock conversion in rear
CB radio
Viair on board air system
Rock sliders

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those will definitely go good with the ironman flares and bumper... Price aint bad at all either.

That grill looks good too, but almost a bit too plain for all the real estate it takes up. Have you thought about attaching a ford emblem to the center to break it up a bit?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Those will definitely go good with the ironman flares and bumper... Price aint bad at all either.

That grill looks good too, but almost a bit too plain for all the real estate it takes up. Have you thought about attaching a ford emblem to the center to break it up a bit?

Agree on the grille being a bit too plain. I'm working on a way to get the original ford oval installed on it.

I'm sure there is an emblem out there will work! F150? Ranger? Expedition?

I think you should look into an older model Ford emblem. I'm kind of partial to these and think they would probably look pretty good on that new grille of yours... Especially the first 2.
23B0-4028-A1FF-216F0BC67013-11620-0000097801795F8F.jpg

18D0-4E8B-A237-ABBE4B2564BA-11620-00000977FB467801.jpg

0C02-49D7-A121-83BE026C75DA-11620-00000977F633684A.jpg

I was going to say it in your other thread, but I guess I'll say it here. Where you have them mounted, you probably don't have to worry about theft, but even still, you might want to look into getting some spanner head nuts or bolts.

I was going to say it in your other thread, but I guess I'll say it here. Where you have them mounted, you probably don't have to worry about theft, but even still, you might want to look into getting some spanner head nuts or bolts.

Good idea. I was also considering tack welding the bolts in place, but that might be problematic if I have to remove the light bar for any reason.

More mods on the way...my wheels finally shipped after being on backorder for nearly a month, so I went ahead and ordered tires too.

went with Mickey Thomson Baja STZ in 265/70/17, standard load (SL) rating. Wal-Mart had them with free shipping to the local store for a good price. Reportedly really good treadwear and road manners, but still have the M+S rating. Almost went with Nitto Terra Grapplers but these seem to have a slightly more aggressive tread but not as aggressive as the Baja ATZ or the Treadwright Guard Dogs.

Now just waiting on my BTF UCAs.

I also got a Curt front receiver that I plan to modify and use to install tow points, will do a writeup for that.

Lastly, I've got another little lighting project...I guess they could be called clearance lights but they are much smaller and I am not going to mount them on the roof. Stay tuned for that too.

They look great. Did you get a 5th spare too?

Wheels and tires installed:

31CCD4B3-orig_zps9b7a6c88.jpg

8C0AAA83-orig_zpsdd2685cf.jpg

A036B0EF-orig_zpsea2ebcbc.jpg

AC4C5B4F-orig_zps50141b2f.jpg

All of them took only a few ounces of weight to balance. They are very quiet on the highway too.

All my worries about losing power with the bigger tires were pretty much for nothing...only time I could tell was going up really long hills while in 6th gear. Even then it didn't downshift, just lost a little speed unless I gave it a bit more gas than usual.

Next up: finish my grille lights, install truxxx spacers, and BTF upper control arms.

Sick!!!;)

The design really matches the faux rivets on the flares. And did you sell the 18's to FIND?

I like them don't get me wrong, but I don't have the money. And I'd like to go bigger. I have 18's at home that I think are too small. Maybe it's just the tires the previous owner put on them.

Back