• Register Today It's free!

Roof leak 2021?

dbdariusz

Reaction score
City, State
Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021,Explorer XLT
Hi, today I noticed a stain on my ceiling and not sure if that is possible to have a body leak from roof? I am going to schedule appt with ford. But, anybody had any leaking issue like that in 2021 explorer? I am posting some pictures. It is on the end left side car. I did not noticed any water in the trunk yet, but that sign concerns me and looks like water steam.
01a.jpg
02a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the earlier 5th gen Explorers had leaks that resulted from the side rail rear mounting point.
I don't believe I've read any posts about that same issue with the 6th gen Explorer. If you have the sunroof, it could also be from that. The best thing is to have the dealer check it out.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the earlier 5th gen Explorers had leaks that resulted from the side rail rear mounting point.
I don't believe I've read any posts about that same issue with the 6th gen Explorer. If you have the sunroof, it could also be from that. The best thing is to have the dealer check it out.

Peter
do not have sunroof. Have an appt next week. Will give an update.

do not have sunroof. Have an appt next week. Will give an update.
Ford fixed it under warranty and yes there is issue in 2021 version:
“12544 WATER LEAK FROM TOP OF REAR HATCH. DRIVERS SIDE ROOF RAIL AT BACK TRIM WILL NOT STAY SEATED. RESEATED ROOF RAIL AND RESEALED”

Ford fixed it under warranty and yes there is issue in 2021 version:
“12544 WATER LEAK FROM TOP OF REAR HATCH. DRIVERS SIDE ROOF RAIL AT BACK TRIM WILL NOT STAY SEATED. RESEATED ROOF RAIL AND RESEALED”
Is the water spot still visible on the headliner? If it is, they should have replaced that as well.

Peter

Back