Roof Light bar for x no mods required? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roof Light bar for x no mods required?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That link didn't work, and I'm not looking for a safari rack.

...It was a search list...this may be useful..

..enter light bar or light rack...;)

search_EF.gif

I've searched and searched for weeks, and I've thrown around quite a few ideas. But there's not much information about a light bar for the roof, like for the rangers.

I'm not wanting to use my luggage rack anymore.. it's not straight enough for my taste. And I'm not confident in it's durability.

And I don't want the Safari rack like quite a few people have.

...Get the fiddle out...lol, I bet if I use those exact words "light bar or light rack", I can find your answer to, "Are there any roof light bars that are for Explorers?", in mere minutes...

...Are you up to playing???

you can just bolt some lights onto your stock cross bars maybe?:dunno: Here are some pictures of mine like that
PICT0602.jpg

PICT0600.jpg

explorer030.jpg

explorer035.jpg

For the roof, your truck is my inspiration... plus I'm definitely going to be getting that prerunner bar. My plan all along was to use the factory bar, but I don't like how it bends the way it does.. and I have a feeling if I were ever to hit any branches, my light bar would brake before my lights did.. which would be sad.

...Corkey, that was to easy...That is a sticky...:biggthump

...Although I ran across a few other easily found threads which have the manuf,, names, part #'s and links...:dunno:

Read this too.

I've probably read everything you're gonna throw at me.

I guess I should be more specific about what I'm wanting.

(btw, where are all the pics of the people with the carr light bar?) (roof one, not plate one)

I guess I should be more specific about what I'm wanting.

What exactly do you want? If your looking for a specific light bar, and nobody makes it, make your own. It can't be that hard, unless you make it that hard.

...There are threads that have the info...;)

Now I'm actually thinking about the 10$ bar, but without a pipe, but instead a bar.. to have more of a surface.. and having it a tiny bit higher so I can get the nuts on for either Hella 500FFs or 1000FFs..

But even then.. getting the holes perfectly spaced is gonna be a pain..

They only make the light bars that any old fool can install for chebys, heeps & sheeps.
It is a known fact that Ford, especially Explorer/Mountianeer owners, can & will adapt the bars themselves and will be far superior to any mass market offering.
In your particular case, now is the time to plan. When it is more like a normal temperature (+50F), its the time to do it.
So, get yourself some conduit and fittings and position the lamps & wires and wait till Spring to get to the outside work of installing the light bar you made up in the winter.;)

Oh man.... I'd be going crazy.. I'd have everything... I'd want to install it that moment.... lol..

Just having these 1000FF's sittin here next to me is driving me crazy....

Is it a "Drive" or just a "Put"? :D (old golf joke)

I know what you mean about lights sitting there and not used.
But, you can take a lot of time positioning them on a bar ect. and have everything ready to go when the weather breaks.

It's nice this week around 40 above... but only for this week before dipping back to 40 below...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back