• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rack & Antenna removal

Slippin

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2 part question.
I'm looking for a cleaner look on my 03.

1)If I remove my factory roof luggage rack,what do others do to hide/plug the old mounting holes?
I installed the old bolts afterwards and you can still see them protruding a bit out the roof.I was hoping for a more flush/concealed look.Is there a flathead flushhead bolt (nylon maybe) for this out there,or do I have to fill & sand each hole down and then use touch up paint to conceal these?...ugh.
I doubt I can leave the holes empty,as water would most likely reak havoc over time.

2)I would like to remove the stock mast fender antenna,for a cleaner look.Is there an alternative that I can turn to for as good reception but not as noticeable?
Hoping to mount something inside the vehicle or hidden elsewhere to continue to get great reception as before.
Thanks for any replies..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 part question.
I'm looking for a cleaner look on my 03.

1)If I remove my factory roof luggage rack,what do others do to hide/plug the old mounting holes?
I installed the old bolts afterwards and you can still see them protruding a bit out the roof.I was hoping for a more flush/concealed look.Is there a flathead flushhead bolt (nylon maybe) for this out there,or do I have to fill & sand each hole down and then use touch up paint to conceal these?...ugh.
I doubt I can leave the holes empty,as water would most likely reak havoc over time.

Everyone I've seen, including myself, put the stock screws back in. Some paint them black. I don't think open holes make much difference. I've had one screw out for well over a year and have not seen any evidence of water getting in. Still, I recommend using screws or something to fill the hole. I'm on the hunt for allen set screws to sink in there myself.

2)I would like to remove the stock mast fender antenna,for a cleaner look.Is there an alternative that I can turn to for as good reception but not as noticeable?
Hoping to mount something inside the vehicle or hidden elsewhere to continue to get great reception as before.
Thanks for any replies..

Can't be much help here. I know they have some stubby or shorty antennas and I've seen a delete kit too. search around a little.

...2)I would like to remove the stock mast fender antenna,for a cleaner look.Is there an alternative that I can turn to for as good reception but not as noticeable?
Thanks for any replies..
Here you'll find all you need

Thank you both..much appreciated!

If you remove the stock antenna, put a screw in the hole. Otherwise you'll have an awful high-pitched whistle at certain speeds.

Back