• Register Today It's free!

roof racks

judd511

Reaction score
City, State
Moorestown, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport
i'm about to buy a removable roof rack system for my 1991 sport. I'm comparing the yakima q tower system and the thule aero system. if anyone has any experience with either of these i'd appreciate your input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are you looking to carry up there?

surfboards/skis

I your only going to carry surfboards or skis then I would say to just get a ski rack. I dont know if surfboards will fit on a ski/snowboard rack. I once fit a wakeboard on my snowboard rack but I dont know how wide surfboards are.

Oppps, double post. Sorry

I sold Yakima for years and now have a little of both. Get whatever you can get a deal on, you won't be disappointed w/ either. And it is definitely worth investing in a component rack system if you value your gear and want flexibility in the future.

I've got the q towers on my x and love the versatility. I've got the bike holder on one side and a small safari rack or whatever you want to call it on the other side. They are great for versatility. Just look around on ebay and see if you can't find a deal. I got mine for around 225....usually sells for about 450.

YAKIMA IS THE BEST

I have 1 set of Q tower on the front, and locking railriders for the middle and rear. Then i have 2 boa fork mount holders, and a couple of Rocky Mount fork mounts. For the winter you gotta get the Mega Warrior and a Powder Hound for the snowboards. PeAcE

Back