roof replacing with questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

roof replacing with questions

Hey Guys, long time no talk. I really missed this place among some members here as well. Anyways, spring break starts thursday and i want to replace the crushed in portion of my roof. My question is are there any tips you have when i do this. My plan is to cut, on the passenger side, the A and B pillar and about two feet into the roof section. I have a complete roof i cut off another explorer right next to the mounty. Heres some pictures of the damage.

Attachments

• PICT1323.jpg
    PICT1323.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 289
  • PICT1324.jpg
    PICT1324.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 278
  • PICT1325.jpg
    PICT1325.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 297

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did it on a rolled over car:rolleyes:... Have to have the windshield removed, and will have to have the A pillar jacked back into place before cutting the old roof off. How much of the pillars did you get with the replacement? That will determine where you will make the cuts. Measure twice, cut once!!! Is the passenger front door hinge post bent as well?

if your going to replace just a section, go very, very slow on the welding. flat panels LOVE to warp, and make life miserable!

thanks for the plethora of replies guys.

Back