Rough Country 3" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rough Country 3"

fresh

Reaction score
Does anybody have the Rough Country 3" suspionsion lift installed, Or does anybody
have any comments on it? I found that Rocky Mountain suspension has it on sale on there internet site for $570 plus shipping,so dilvered to me it is under $650. Does that sound like a good deal? I just want to get the truck up a little higher and the original springs are pretty much worn out,I had just bought this exploder for $2100!!, It runs like a champ.It has a long list of new parts,like completly rebuilt front axle, fresh rebuilt trans still with 10 months and 12000 miles left on the warrnty. I think I got a good deal, if you you look at the prices on just those parts don't you think?
any comment on the lift will be much apperciated.
thanks,

Doug
"The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes."

Fresh,
It really depends on what kind of wheelin you do? I have the 3" RC lift installed on my 91 Navajo and it suits me just fine. I wanted to get a stiffer suspension and a little clearance for camping and LITE off roading. And there's no doubt the price of the Rough Country lift and superlift are way different, if your going to do a lot of serious off roading, go for the superlift, if you just do lite off roading go for the Rough Country or James Duff suspension. If you want to talk about modification wait until you install a lift over 3" and you'll find out all about modifications.

FM

Back