EFFalcon

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne, Victoria
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer
Looks like there is finally an alternative to the Superlift,
5in Ford Ranger Lift Kit (98-11)

little bit of discussion on some of the ranger forums, but doesn't appear to be any proper reviews as yet.
There seems to be a driveshaft available seperately

98-11_ranger_5in_n3_lift_-_43130_preview_2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes! It is a nice looking kit, good price too! I am looking forward to installing one of these on a sport trac in the future (next year)

Do you guys think this kit would fit a 2000 5.0l Awd explorer? What would I need to make this work?

So, does anyone have this lift kit on their Explorer? I'm curious about the ride quality.

Yes it will fit a 2000 Explorer, except the rear will not work because the ranger is spring over and the explorer is spring under

I am not aware of anyone here that has installed this on an Explorer yet. I have not seen anyone install it on a Ranger yet either, but it looks very promising. I have installed a few different Rough Country lifts over the years and they have really improved their quality in the last few years....

I also am wondering how well this would bolt onto the front of a 2nd gen explorer. Looks like there may actually be a lift that may work for once on the front without major modifications.

Be great if they just sold the drop brackets for the front.

You still need the extended knuckles?
Are you sure they do not sell the parts individual

This is almost EXACTLY like the Superlift at a smaller price

Back