• Register Today It's free!

Rough COuntry Lift

Got Lift?

Reaction score
City, State
Macon, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer XLT
I was thinkin of putting a Rough Country 4inch lift and a 2 inch PA body lift on my Bronco II... is this a good idea...if not what 4 inch suspension lift do u reccomend

also would 33x13.00's be too wide??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

forgot to mention its 2wd...but about 6 months after the lift im gettin a 4wd conversion

well does anyone know if rough country rides good? also how does the rear flex?

anyone know if 13 inch wide tires would be too wide?

got lift

That would work, definitely need six inch or better for turning. I agree with danny-boy avoid body lift as much as possible, as far as rough country, they are o.k., had a 4" lift on my silverado, and it did all right, as far as ford goes, it seems skyjacker builds a better lift than others.My two cents.

does skyjacker have a 6er for the 2wds?

got lift

I think kris has a 6" on a 2 wheel drive explorer, I'm not sure if radius arms are different on a 2 wheel drive as opposed to a four wheel drive, I 'm sure Dannyboy could tell you. I will find out and get back to you.:D

Never looked at a 2wd, from what I hear they too have ttb???? I have no clue. I would wait and do it all at once. Actually to be honest I would never take on a 4x4 swap myself unless you went with custom dana 44 right away. Probably just as easy as any other 4x4 swap. If thats the case then these lift kits are not necessary. Here is my buddies XJ he swapped a 44 under. It cost him 3 grand from the axles, cutting down, custom steering, gears lockers, rims and tires and it is discs all around. Not bad seeing it kicks the sh*t out of the skyjacker rockready kit that is nearly 3 g's itself and is only a lift--->no gears, lockers or rim/tires(spare too) and still runs stock axles

Attachments

• xj2xtreme flexin.jpg
    xj2xtreme flexin.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 237

Holy crap

That's a nice rig, did they throw in a frame with that three grand?:D

Back