• Register Today It's free!

Rough country rear lift?

jimmak85

Reaction score
City, State
mount royal NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ford Explorer
hello all, I have a question on rough country lift. I know on rangers the leaf springs on top and you just add 4" of block. I also know i can flip my rear springs but im worried bout the height difference. I have three leafs + overload spring and they were replaced about a year ago. My question is what are you supposed to do when you buy the rough country lift to come up 4"?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could buy the kit that has new rear springs for the 4" of lift (an extra 200 - 250 dollars?)

If you put your stock springs over the axle it will probably be 2 inches higher in the rear than the front.

You could do an add a leaf and extended shackles and it might get you close to the 4".

Yea I wound up finding F-150 coil seats in a junkyard for $100 so I'm just gonna flip the rear and the front will be rough country 4" with coil seats so it should pretty nice

Why?? You getting a deal on that lift? Just get a 5.5 lift.about same price and will flex/ ride better than a 4" with f150 seats.

I got a basically brand new RC 4" lift for $400 with pitman arm and steering stabilizer and shocks. 5.5" kits are all $1000 got the front all on just gotta flip the rear.

Think I paid right around $700 for mine and it included shocks.problem with a 4" kit with f150 seats is its going to be a ***** to get aligned.
Doesn't really matter now if you got it already. Post some pics when your done

alignment should not be a problem when your buddy owns a shop and 4 deg. bushings... the problem i have now is the front shocks are too short with the coil seats so i need longer ones and ill def post pics when its done i want to hit Wharton state forest this weekend hopefully

Back