rough country sway bar drop brackets | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rough country sway bar drop brackets

MountainMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
the drop brackets for my front sway bars that came in my rough country lift are flat where they mount the frame but my x's frame isnt flat where the swaybar connects.... anyone else have this problem with the rough country kit? does anyone think it would be a bad idea to use washers on one of the two bolts on each side to lvl it out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can use washers, but I think those spacers aren't a very good idea anyway.

A better solution is to get extended sway bar links on the ends, even better, get ones that have quick disconnects.

i had to use washers also,i plan to switch them out to endlinks either disconnects or skyjackers

srry guys my cam wasnt connecting to my computer for whatever reason so no pics.
jd4242 washers are working out ok for you? i think im going to get some extended quik disconnects but i want to use to stock stuff with the drop bracketts for a camping trip a ways away from home this weekend.

o another thing. did you just bolt the drop brackets to the fram ewith the threads built into frame or did you put a nut on top too? im asking cause i think the threads on the frame are prob good enough.... and it looks to be a PITA to get a nut inside the frame.

srry guys my cam wasnt connecting to my computer for whatever reason so no pics.
jd4242 washers are working out ok for you? i think im going to get some extended quik disconnects but i want to use to stock stuff with the drop bracketts for a camping trip a ways away from home this weekend.

o another thing. did you just bolt the drop brackets to the fram ewith the threads built into frame or did you put a nut on top too? im asking cause i think the threads on the frame are prob good enough.... and it looks to be a PITA to get a nut inside the frame.

They work fine and pretty sure i used the stock nuts in frame.ive been wanting to get ride of this for years.its just not strong and causes the main bar to hang low.quick connects are the way to go for long term.you can also drive without it if you want just a little sway on turns.

i've bin driving to the trails and to town to get gas but my alignment is out pretty good and i dont have my drop pitman arm installed yet so that added with no sway bars gets scary fast over about 45km/h
so hopefully the front swaybar helps a bit

Back