Rough Country

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Does anyone know whether the Ranger 4" and Explorer 3" lifts from Rough country are actually the same lift in the front. I want about 3 - 4" with the smallest drop bracket possible. I will add an F-150 spacer on top of either probably. Also the ranger lift is cheaper because it doesn't have rear springs, which I don't need because I'm doing a spring over. Leggo's posts say 4" Rough Country, is that the Ranger lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you mean by smallest drop brackets possible? If you mean axle drop then your wheels will go \ / on you!

Yes I mean the smallest axle drop bracket. Whatever I do I will use the F-150 spacers for an extra inch if it will allign with my current bushings. When you drop the pivot point in puts more stress on the frame, not to mention the bracket itself. So if I can get 4" of lift with a 3" bracket, that would be good, as long as it can be alligned. I've heard that you can go with 2" taller springs without drop brackets at all. I want to get as tall as a can without having to change allignment bushings.

I see. I guess you could adjust the cambe a little too. It's that nut on top next to the rotor.

So do you know whether the 2 lifts are the same in front, because I could save money if I got the ranger one because I don't need the rear lift.

Back