Rough Idle P0171 and P0174 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rough Idle P0171 and P0174

DSNDSN

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer
I am continuing to get a P0171 and P0174 code. I have changed out the fuel filter, upper/lower intake manifold gaskets, EGR Gasket, and PCV Valve. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and check for other leaks. Below are some screeshot that it took of the O2, MAF, and Fuel Trims. Any ideas what direction to go in next.

It takes a couple attempts to start from cold and there is some hesitation accelerating from a stop. Once it is up to speed no issues.

If it comes from the ODB2 port and I can get some more info let me know what might help.

These are all at idle except the MAF

O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
qL5TQdJ.jpg

O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
BBX77BN.jpg

O2 Bank 2 Sensor 1
AljNnQP.jpg

O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2
KQkGiJE.jpg

Short Term Fuel Trim 1
DU4m4Tq.jpg

Long Term Fuel Trim 1
9fcmfSB.jpg

Short Term Fuel Trim 2
zUg2830.jpg

Long Term Fuel Trim 2
TaBo0Ke.jpg

MAF
0aE7BFm.jpg

Thanks for the help

I am continuing to get a P0171 and P0174 code. I have changed out the fuel filter, upper/lower intake manifold gaskets, EGR Gasket, and PCV Valve. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and check for other leaks. Below are some screeshot that it took of the O2, MAF, and Fuel Trims. Any ideas what direction to go in next.

It takes a couple attempts to start from cold and there is some hesitation accelerating from a stop. Once it is up to speed no issues.

If it comes from the ODB2 port and I can get some more info let me know what might help.

Thanks for the help

Mine is doing the exact same two codes and I've done everything you have, when its cold the motor just doesn't want to start and stay running until it warms up just a little bit, I've been doing some searching and I think its the two upstream o2 sensors going out, can you read your o2 sensor numbers? My code reader just shows both o2 sensors at 0.00 when use the live data view feature

Back