• Register Today It's free!

Royal Purple opinions

jimster502

Reaction score
City, State
socal
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
I have no idea if this has been discussed on here before ( & yes I've searched already) but has anyone flushed everything from the engine oil to diff. Oil to Royal Purple and has actually gotten power gains? I've seen a video of Motor tv, I think thats what its called, where they only put royal purple products on a camaro and they actually gained power (proven through a dino run). I'm going to need to change the engine, tranny, and diff. oil very soon and well I want to try this but I just want to see if this actually has worked for some of you guys.

Thanks,
Alex

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, sorry if this isn't posted in the right section

Need to know other factors, like what was the camero using before? Conventional oil then went to RP or was it running Syn oil then went to RP?
I just can't imagine if the camero was running top of the line full syn in engine and all drive train components that you would see any difference at all. You can only add so much to oil before you reach a point of diminishing returns.
Plus any power gain I think would be so small that would not even be noticed by "Seat of your Pants feel".
Now with that said. All major oil Co.s spend a great amount of money to get your money. I'd be skeptical of any claims like that. Especially when done in a controlled environment with monetary gains that could be made.
Remember STP sponsoring Richard Petty's car. Do you think he put a can of STP in that Hemi before running a race. That would be the dumbest thing he could have done for that engine.

I run some Lucas products and really like them. For example their oil for transfer cases. I could hear and feel the difference when I added it to my Atlas case, even though Advanced Adapters recommend Amsoil which is full syn. Again a money thing cause they used to recommend another product.
But once I put in the Lucas Dino which they do advertise smoother quieter gears. I noticed less noise and less vibration in the twin stick shifters.
Which IMO eqautes to a more efficient running machine by having a better cushioning effect between the contact area of the gears especially since they have a helical cut designe.

i run RP oil and rear diff fluid i did not notice any power increases, but i like the peace of mind knowing that i dont need to change it every 3000 miles.

Not Sure on the Theory behind this , but i have put RP in my rear diff in my Chebby and it did not seem to help any , except the fact that i am using $19 a bottle diff fluid lol

Ditto all. Any HP gains using synthetics vs. conventional are usually too small
to benefit at the pedal, IMO. I use them for their extended change intervals.

BTW, Royal Purple turns brown. :D
http://www.royalpurple.com/why-rp/faqs/#vtab-260

Back