• Register Today It's free!

RTI about 650 good?

Shaggy

Reaction score
City, State
Port Lavaca, Texas.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 TJ & 91 Eddie Bauer
Got a chance to play around with a forklift this afternoon. Pulled up the PF 24 inches before PR started to lift. Pulled PR up about 25.5 inches, then DR started to lift.

Threw the #'s in a RTI formula and it spit out 629 and 668. The wheel base for a 92 4 door is 111.6, right?That was with the tires at street pressure, so I might be able to cheat my way up a little more.

So far I have a Rancho lift in front with 4 inch coils, a 4 inch leaf pack in the rear and a Duff shackle. The rear sway bar is gone and the front has JKS disco's. I should have checked with them connected, but did not think of it at the time.

Is this about right for what I've got, or is there more to be found with some tweaking? What are the other #'s like for pretty much off the shelf lifts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wheelbase you should measure on your truck to be sure because it can change depnding on what mods you have made. Anyway, 650 is okay for a 4" lift but not anything to rave about. Mine does 650 with the swaybars connected and 868 with them disconnected but I have a little more lift than you do. With the off the shelf Superlift 5.5" lift(with extended arms) I did 734. I have tweaked it a bit since then.

That kinda what I thought, now I can shoot for more. Fourwheeler listed a '92 Ford Explorer 4-dr. w/Superlift 4-inch lift at 492, so I was thinking mine was not all that bad. At least I still can play with it some and make it better.

A real ramp might work a little different, too. I'd like to try both and see if the #'s are the same.

Does tire size make much or any difference?

The Explorer still beat the piss out of my friends ZR-2. It went less than 400.

Tire size does make a difference. What you can do to make your suspension travel greater is make sure that you are using the correct length shocks. Most lift kit manufacturers specify shocks that are too short. If you use RTI as a tool to measure your own truck against itself and to check your suspension for proper operation it is very useful. Don't get too wrapped up in RTI numbers, you don't drive up too many perfect 20 degree ramps on the trail.

Are the JKS discos onyour truck the same as would fit an later model (like a 96 or 97)? What are the supposed to fit? I am thinking of getting some for my 93.

Back