• Register Today It's free!

Rubber Brake Line

sledgehammer1990

Reaction score
City, State
Doylestown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Hey there, I was wondering where I could get some new brake lines for the front disk brakes. I heard that sometimes, they can collapse in on eachother. When I press my brake, my truck pulls left a lot. Calipers are new, only 6 months old. New brake pads too. Does anyone have a guide on how to change them and if it is reletivly hard or easy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Auozone, etc. will carry these.

They are very easy to replace, as long as the steel lines aren't rusted to a point that those break when you're removing the old and installing the new rubber lines...

Mike

OK, cool. Yeah, I remember taking them off the when replacing the calipers. So yeah, this should be a quick and easy fix. Thanks!

The caliper side is the easy end. The other end is where you have to be really careful with the rust issues (think rear hard line into wheel cylinder).

Mike

Squirt the fittings with PB Blaster and let it soak for a day before trying to get the line loose from the main brake line.

Sounds like a plan. I plan on getting the hoses this weekend.

The best way to get the line loose is with a tubing wrench. If you use a regular open end you will most likely round it off and have to resort to vice grips.

Tubing wrench? If this is what you are talking about, I have these.

flarnutwrench.jpg

Yeah, that's it. I guess I should have called it a line wrench. my bad...

Yes, forgot those very important points. PB Blaster and tubing wrenches (aka flare wrenches) are a must.

Mike

Back