• Register Today It's free!

rubbing noise and vibration

yankeepride13

Reaction score
City, State
syracuse, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer 6 cyl ohv
My 99 makes a rubbing noise ocassionally, not all the time from what seems to be near the front left wheel. I can feel a vibration thru the steering wheel when it happens. I can't figure out if its a wheel bearing or a cv joint or what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

My 99 makes a rubbing noise ocassionally, not all the time from what seems to be near the front left wheel. I can feel a vibration thru the steering wheel when it happens. I can't figure out if its a wheel bearing or a cv joint or what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

check your plastic inner fenders. if they've come loose, or if your running larger than stock tires, it could be the tire's rubbing on the inner fender. bearings and/or cv joints don't typically make a rubbing noise when they're worn out.

check your plastic inner fenders. if they've come loose, or if your running larger than stock tires, it could be the tire's rubbing on the inner fender. bearings and/or cv joints don't typically make a rubbing noise when they're worn out.

he is right about inner fender plastic or mud guard or whetever its called that holds in with those plastic push pins, but more than likely its the plastic of inner fender, another one i'm working on rubs just turning wheel half way, about to cut that piece of plastic out where it rubs

Back