RubySlow Update New pics and Video | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RubySlow Update New pics and Video

RubySlow

Reaction score
City, State
Pacifica Ca to be S'Pacific
Year, Model & Trim Level
BAYDESTRIAN
Update Number 3 I believe

So I threw on some 3 inch blocks out back

Removed the roof rack

Debadged

New Mufflers ricey ones...

Some videos and Pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgiJtkM4G58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-gn5alyPls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJQI4z2rAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s37xk1VAJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_5DiBAw1Kk

100_2403.jpg

lakesideview.jpg

badlighting.jpg

mountybackview.jpg

mountyfrontside.jpg

lakeview2.jpg

lakeview.jpg

newexhaust.jpg

100_2411.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet ride man i like the look its pulling off.......are those import mufflers? just looks like something off a honda....why? :(

Hate to admit it, but it does sound decent with those mufflers on

ya i was shocked it really doesnt sound bad but i guess it was just a shocker

Ok why would you keep those dumped right under the truck? i thought you wanted to put on tail pipes...

And why would you guys think it would sound bad? its still a V8 they're just straight through resesonators. Just because ricers use them doesn't mean thats what makes the ricer sound, have you heard a honda with straight pipes or a bad muffler? sounds about the same when they put fart cans on the back, it just makes it have more of an echo and poppy noises

well have you ever saw a mustang, f150, z71 etc with v8 and ricer exhaust i think not actually ive never even thought it was even worth trying just surprised thats all nothing to worry about

Ok why would you keep those dumped right under the truck? i thought you wanted to put on tail pipes...

And why would you guys think it would sound bad? its still a V8 they're just straight through resesonators. Just because ricers use them doesn't mean thats what makes the ricer sound, have you heard a honda with straight pipes or a bad muffler? sounds about the same when they put fart cans on the back, it just makes it have more of an echo and poppy noises

Ya I do want them to exit together under the tow hitch, but now that I have a 3 inch drop with 22 Im not sure if I can get it to fit unless I do a 2 into 1 back out to 2 pipe

Looks sick whats next?

sweet ride man i like the look its pulling off.......are those import mufflers? just looks like something off a honda....why? :(

Well I have had a few different exhaust setups and Iam always looking for something new. What I really want is to get a ExCal 2 with a custom tune to allow me to run without the primary cats and have those ricey mufflers exit out back close together like the Jeep Srt8

like this
178.jpg

Looks sick whats next?

Umm might run without the front driveshaft for awhile, Not sure If AWD can do the Brown wire mod.. My dream would me to convert to a T5 with either 2WD or 4x4

Some motive 3.90:1 gears...

TM Headers Of course....

Nitrous or Turbo....

Shaved door handles

Carbon Fiber hood
95_99avenger_oemcfhood.jpg

That SRT8 idea is awesome -- but you'll probably need to relocated the spare tire in order to accomplish it. That and 1-off bumper. But hey, thats when creativity juices starts flowing so :thumbsup: :D

Umm might run without the front driveshaft for awhile, Not sure If AWD can do the Brown wire mod.. My dream would me to convert to a T5 with either 2WD or 4x4

Some motive 3.90:1 gears...

TM Headers Of course....

Nitrous or Turbo....

Shaved door handles

Carbon Fiber hood
95_99avenger_oemcfhood.jpg

Cant do a brown wire mod on an AWD T-Case. It's only for selectable T-Cases.

Stay away from Motive Gears. I've heard several say they are low quality.

Your Mounty looks real good--

I'm glad you are opting for a full exhaust-get those fumes outta there!

A word of caution-removal of the front drive shaft will allow your truck to roll in when it is in "PARK"

Do the 4406 swap:thumbsup:
That way you can keep you stronger tramsmission.

Love the lowering & those wheels really kick ass, the mufflers look good, does they warble, you know, .....blubba,blubba, blubba ? Really damned good looking Mountie mate !!

Ya I do want them to exit together under the tow hitch, but now that I have a 3 inch drop with 22 Im not sure if I can get it to fit unless I do a 2 into 1 back out to 2 pipe

I think thats very possible with out the spare there, i had my 20s on and my 2.5 inch drop and had mine exit to both sides. with out having to mess with a muffler till the end i think it would be pretty easy actualy
i'm guessing this is where you're worried about but its all about your bends its not that hard, the only problem i see right now is the bracket put on the bumper for the emergcy tow hooks i think you can loose those and just hook the hooks some where else if you plan on towing still
exhaust.jpg

nice mounty u got there and by the way where in the bay area u at I am visiting the bay area right now i live in so cali in newport beach.

But right now i am in san jose visiting friends and family.

Where are you going to put the spare tire?

Could Just leave it in the behind the back seat, Wouldnt want to not have it in an emergency!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice mounty u got there and by the way where in the bay area u at I am visiting the bay area right now i live in so cali in newport beach.

But right now i am in san jose visiting friends and family.

Peninsula In between SF and SJ Where in San Jo you at?

Back