Run at Attica IN "Badlands ORV Park" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Run at Attica IN "Badlands ORV Park"

racinhound-Dale

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis,IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 2dr with some dents
Run at Attica IN "Badlands ORV Park" November 3-4

As some of you may or may not know I am The Events Cooridinator for RRORC. Anyways I am hosting a run at "The Badlands" the weekend of November 3-4 and would like to invite any of you that might be interested to join us.Here is a link to the thread on RRORC with more info

Come one come all :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey lookin good, I would love to get back there now that my truck is 6" taller, that may be a great time. We have a buddy with a car hauler that may take about a half dozen of us down. Also go to www.onandoffroad.com and post this also. These guys are mostly from Northern Ill and go there all the time.
Oh yeah, gotta ask what you got planned on that explorer of yours?

I can't put in an official yes, till I know what my V-8 is running like, etc. Maybe someday the damn shop will finish it.... Fusteration! :fire:
Pete

Originally posted by Dannyboy
Oh yeah, gotta ask what you got planned on that explorer of yours?
Dead Link Removed
As far as the other forum I am not registered there if you would like to post about please feel free. Just ask them to email me at kbldel@yahoo.com if they are interested so I can keep track of how many are coming and plan accordingly. Look forward to metting you.

I believe they recently opened a new trail that's suppose to be even easier than the green trail. A stocker could do the green, with a minor beating of the running board, but I hear the new one is quite the leisurely trail.
Pete

Originally posted by RFR2212
. A stocker could do the green, with a minor beating of the running board.
Pete
Ouch Pete, C'mon, I had a 3" body lift and 32's when I took the beating to the runningboard, but the dunes and quarry and green would still be fun to get out and see what your stocker can do.

No, you see danny... Where yer running boards got fubared isn't really "green" trail to my knowledge...it's just like a trail. And I've seen Big Dave do the green trail on stock tires, and he's got the running board/rocker skirt, and they pretty much just flexed up when I watched him hit the jeep traps. Tho one run I think he cracked em.
Pete

I gotta agree with Pete the Green Trail is ok for stockers everything that might get ya in trouble has a bypass to it that I saw.

Umm hold on your gonna wheel this???
pic.jpg

Do you mind pinstriping?? Because some of the spots get REAL tight and there is no way around them.

MAN OH MAn i need a Fix. My tuck has not had a good working 4x4 since our trip in June. Humm i think i could be in for this. NOV is fa enough away i should be good!!!!

YIPPYYYYY:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I did this with my old one and it was completely stock in perfect condition with no scratches and freshly waxed. Besides, I have taken my new one off roading already. Albeit it wasn't anything heavy duty but my 98 should do better off road than my 92 did. My 98 has limited slip and air suspension that raises the truck 2" (a.k.a. on/off torsion twist). So I should be fine. I'm not going to do any of the really hard stuff but I'll do anything that isn't for 6" lift and mud tires only. Maybe if more stockers show we'll do one of the two light trails. You'd be surprised what a stock Explorer can do.

mudfr.jpg

Originally posted by CougarX
I did this with my old one and it was completely stock in perfect condition with no scratches and freshly waxed. Besides, I have taken my new one off roading already. Albeit it wasn't anything heavy duty but my 98 should do better off road than my 92 did. My 98 has limited slip and air suspension that raises the truck 2" (a.k.a. on/off torsion twist). So I should be fine. I'm not going to do any of the really hard stuff but I'll do anything that isn't for 6" lift and mud tires only. Maybe if more stockers show we'll do one of the two light trails. You'd be surprised what a stock Explorer can do.

Hope I didn't offend you I meant that as a sarcastic compliment. And actually we already have quite a # of people showing up and there is already a group of Moderate to Stock trucks going and I have plans for splitting into possibly 3-4 groups of 5-6 Trucks each and maybe more groups if enough show. Here is all the info as it stands now.

Attendees
1.Riffman - All Weekend EXTREME!!! Leader And yes I have met and am still going to let him lead a group :D
2.Dale - All Weekend - Extreme
3.BooHoo - All Weekend? Stocker-Moderate
4.LilBronc All Weekend-Moderate-Extreme Leader
5.Ummduh - All Weekend-?????
6.Jayinsd - All Weekend-?????
7.Ken4551 - All Weekend?-EXTREME!!!
8.Jerry - All Weekend-????
9.Alex Strong - All Weekend-EXTREME!!!
10.Bobby Walter - All Weekend - He will be there...OH YES...he will be there! -EXTREME!!!!
11.PigPen Jr. - Saturday-Moderate-Extreme
12.4x4explorer - All Weekend?-?????
13.CoryL - All Weekend-Extreme
14.427Tbolt - All Weekend-Extreme
15.boz - All Weekend-?????
16.DaveM - All Weekend-EXTREME!!!
17.Rangerboy - All Weekend-????
18.Bronco2Mudder - All Weekend-Moderate-Extreme
19.Creecher - All Weekend-????
20.Bogger - All Weekend-Moderate-Extreme
21.Grif - All Weekend-Moderate-Extreme
22.CougarX -All Weekend??-Stocker-Moderate
23.COMMOCOZY- All Weekend??-???
24.Dannyboy-All Weekend?-???
25 RFR2212-All Weekend?-???

I have spoke with Ruth from the Steam Corner Flea Market and Campground and they will be open and are now expecting us. It will cost $5 person per night and the water and electric will be on. If anyone needs any other info on lodging let me know and I will see what I can do.

Also please Dead Link Removedand ask questions now so we can get anything that needs cleared up done so there are no suprises. Make sure you have a flag and NO ALCOHOL in the park!!

All I can think of right now any thoughts ideas suggestions are always welcome wit me.:D

I will be there for the full weekend, and will run pretty much whatever.

Nothing to crazy but i am up for some fun :)

?

i might be in on this one, seems like a better turnout then the previous one, right austin

What's the date on this?

I will be a trail boss if you are in need of one. I will do easy to extreme depending on who wants to do what. Not sure what your schedule is for that weekend, but we can do marked trails or mixed.

Count me in for the full weekend. Email me if you want to discuss anything.

Matt

sure Green is gonna be fine for a stocker.........NOT! I wouldn't take a stock Explorer on the entire Green trail......Pete.... you probably never ran entire Green if you think stocker can do it...... flexing is no problem.... there will be some places that you just have to get some kind of body damage...... and as far as the NEW - easy trail goes (yellow ribbons on trees) .........last time I was there ..... that trail has gotten worse...... just on the last trip we sunk a Cherokee in one of the holes.... it really looks easy...... only problem is looks are deceiving....especially after a bit of rain...... I don't even know if the guy ever got this Cherokee fixed. As far as a leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if Scott is leading than I'd like to be assigned to another group!!!!!! (kidding)

if time and finances permit I'm in for the wekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RRORC site

Well, I have been trying to post at RRORC, but it won't let me register to post. In the mean time if someone will post for me and let them know what I said or just copy my previous post and paste it at their site. I emailed them about the problem, but they don't seem like they want new members.

If you are stock, don't expect to leave this trip without body damage. Chances are 100%.

Back