Running Board Problem

Mink

Reaction score
City, State
Amsterdam, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Hello All...
I have a '99 XLT 4door 4wd. I am the second owner and it has had aftermarket similar to OEM running boards on for YEARS. Well the rockers and door pinch welds needed a little paintwork so I took them off. They look horrible and have cracks in places, I will not be putting them back on. After taking them off I discovered that my rocker panels have all the drilled out mounting hole for the "REAL" running boards.
My question is. Utilizing the same original panel clip holes; will the low profile rocker panel molding fit? Or do I need to replace with running boards? I have neither at this time and will be looking for a set of SOMETHING in the near future as my paint project finishes. I just want to know what my options are. Also, I don't want to just plug the holes or skim over with body tape, I want it to have a very stock appearance.
Thanks for any and all help.

---Mink---

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Factory running boards and factory rocker skirts both use the same holes...

Thank you...SO, if Anyone has a set of running boards OR skirts they would like to part with, please let me know. Color is not important. Thanks.

---Mink---

Thanks

Thanks for the info Joe Dirt...I just found a set of complete side skirts at a local salvage yard. A little fresh paint and will be good to go.

---Mink---

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Be sure to use a good quality paint and clear to minimize chipping...

Back