• Register Today It's free!

Running Boards

suzy1052

Reaction score
City, State
Half Back
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT
We got rid of my wifes 02 EB and got a 2010 XLT...without running boards. Because I am so frugal (okay cheap) I told my wife that we could get the cheaper XLT this time and I would put running boards on it. After a week of comparing and pricing I went with a set of Ionic boards off ebay for 260.00.
They look like the stock ones except they have six inch long raised ridges instead of the little squares on the OEM kind. The hardest part was getting the frame hiders off to get to the mounting holes. That took an hour in 30 degree weather but was worth the effort as I had the brackets pre assembled and installed everything else in 45 minutes. I used blue loctite on all the bolts to eliminate any do overs and covered the rear ac lines with cut up rubber handle bar grips where they touched the mounting brackets. They look like they belong on the truck which was my biggest concern.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This thread is worthless with out pictures!!!!

:ttiwwp:

Unfortunately your link goes nowhere!!

Nice looking install! Do they replace the "frame hiders" ? I'm looking to replace the Westin step bars on my '06 with running boards because I regularly have elderly folks riding in this vehicle & I'm fearing that one of them is going to slip & get a foot caught behind the step bar.....

Nice job very clean look.

Thanks for posting this!
What are your thoughts on these boards after almost 3 years? Have they held up? Do they sag?
Do they mount to the frame or to the floor pan/pinch weld/sheet metal like others do?
Do they hang below the frame rails and affect clearance at all?

Thanks!

Hey, those look nice. I have been meaning to replace the stock 08 running boards with something and these might do the trick. My right side running board was damaged (bottom shattered off) when teaching my son to drive. In parking spot facing slope and woods, he thought he was out of gear and hit the gas instead of brake. Went for his first 4 wheelin experience. Scared the hell out of me. The running board caught up on a rock and got torn up. It did stop us about 18" from hitting an oak, so it took a hit for the team.

I want the frame hiders

My retractable boards rotted out and broke

Back